iPhone 3G need help activating iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kylanfrench, Jul 1, 2010.

1. kylanfrench

kylanfrench New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi, i have an iphone 3g running on 3.1.3. when i got it it was restored and had the sim card taken out of it, so it only go's to the emergency call screen with the "no sim card installed" thing up. i want to just use the phone as an ipod touch. and i cant seem to hacktivate it. ive tried redsnow, blackra1n, quickpwn, pwnage, and snowbreeze and none of them seem to work to hacktivate it. also when i plug it into itunes a pop up says " This iphone cannot be used because the Apple Mobile service is not started". so i cant use itunes for some reason. dose anyone have any ideas? and i dont want to have to get a sim card for it, and i dont have any friends with one. any help would be great, thanks!!
  2. jessejames44

jessejames44 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You have to use a sim card for the carrier of that phone to be able to get it out of that emergency call screen.The good thing is the sim card doesn't have to be activated.Just go to the carrier store and buy a sim card unactivated stick it in plug into itune set up as new iphone then your good to go.
  3. kylanfrench

kylanfrench New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so if i got any one of my friends sim card, even if its not from an iphone and its not activated, it should work?
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes any ATT sim should work. But you can also get redsn0w. This will hacktivate it for you
  5. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I thought redsn0w doesnt work with 3.1.3??
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's a 3g. Redsn0w's always worked on it because it is Pwnd4Life. Just use redsn0w 0.9.4 and select the 3.1.2 FW. Redsn0w also works with iOS 4.0 on older devices
  7. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same problem, I need to hacktivate an iPhone 3G and I can't seem to get any of the jailbreak programs to hacktivate it and I have no AT&T card available.
  8. kylanfrench

kylanfrench New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and i still cant seem to get any of the jailbreak programs to work, but maybe u can, try using a version of itunes thats before 9.0 and use snowbreeze, it didnt work for me, but it might for you
  9. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, actually, I may know the culprit for mine, it may be that I'm on the latest iTunes, I'll downgrade it and see how it goes.
  10. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You can always just create a custom activated .ipsw from sn0wbreeze for your 3G then just DFU restore to it.

Please Register or Log in to view images