Need Help about Apple Care and Liquid Submersion sensors

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FruitRocks, Jun 17, 2009.

1. FruitRocks

FruitRocks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay so a few weeks ago my iPod Touch 2nd Gen got a little bit of water on it. I think that everything dried up (let it sit a few nights to dry out), does that mean the sensor dried up to? is the evidence still their? I've also jailbroken my iPod Touch and put the 3.0 beta firmware on it. If I do a DFU restore will it wipe out everything , maybe even liquid submersion sensor data (remember, it has to be stored somewhere). Another issue that I have is this: If it does have water damage, will they keep the product (my iPod works fine, except for a small battery issue, which isn't due to water, and the volume controls won't work properly), or will they return it? Taken from apple's website:

"Please note that Apple's warranty does not cover damage caused by accident or misuse, including damage caused by liquids. There are liquid submersion indicators in iPod models manufactured after 2006. Please refer to iPhone and iPod: Water damage is not covered by warranty to check if the liquid submersion indicator on your product has been triggered. If your product has evidence of accidental damage, including liquid damage, please contact us."

Again, where can I find the liquid submersion sensores at? is there some type of code i need to type in? if i do need to take something apart, could you please walk me step-by step on how to do so?

Thanks!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Did you get water on or in the device?

I always thought the water sensor physically changed color in the presence of water.
  3. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is a white strip or dot thing in the headphone jack. This will turn red or pink depending on the ammount of moisture. If you get a flashlight and look in the headphone jack you should be able to see it. There are ways to reset it, Im not sure if I can post those here without getting banned. Google it, you will find directions.
  4. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

im pretty sure its already been posted here
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171190&highlight=reset water
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123789&highlight=reset water

just search for stuff like water fix or other stuff
  5. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
  6. thefan0820

thefan0820 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It can be if you tell them. Otherwise they can't find out. I personally think that it is morally wrong, but it's pretty much impossible for them to charge you with fraud for it if you deny any claims of it.

Except if they see this thread asking about this and are able to connect it to your name. Then they would have a connection that could say that you had asked about the means to commit fraud and showed intent.
  7. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just another reason I didn't post how to do it, lol. Check out those links though, those will help you out.