need help 1.1.4 to 2.0 --i've searched for 2 days

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by budlightnmyhand, Sep 28, 2008.

1. budlightnmyhand

budlightnmyhand New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    I am having some problems upgrading to 2.0. I've got the 2.0 firmware that works with winpwn and i've created my own custom firmware. I've downgraded itunes to 7.5 restored my ipod to 1.4 and now i've uninstalled 7.5 and from here i would like some advice on how to get my ipod to 2.0 firmware.

Before i've tried using itunes 8.0 and with a fresh restore of 1.1.4 i've tried to put my ipod in DFU mode but it works (says found my ipod in dfu mode next to the clock on the taskbar) but the ipod screen goes white and then itunes tells me i need to restore but i know thats not right since the ipod screen should be black during the 2.0 restore with the custom firmware.

I have tried this for about 4 hours different ways of putting my ipod into DFU mode but no success. I didn't have much time before i left for work today but i think with itunes 7.5 the ipod would go into DFU mode, i'm not completely sure about this, but you can't upgrade to 2.0 firmware with itunes 7.5.

What should i do from here. I have uninstalled itunes 7.5 now and i'm waiting on some advice on what version of itunes i should install now to upgrade a clean 1.1.4 install to 2.0 with a custom firmware made by winpwn2.0.0.4.

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Everything you're ding is extremely outdated. Just update via iTunes to 2.1, then pwn that using QuickPwn or the PwnageTool.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I would recommend installing iTunes 8.
    *Get the setup here.

Then connect the iPod to iTunes via USB cable after iTunes is squared away. Then, follow these steps to place the iPod into DFU mode.
    A restore will take you to 2.1, the latest firmware (quite stable)
    Select to set up as a new iPod, and also choose to not sync any media or applications to the iPod.

Now, you will need to install QuickPwn to jailbreak the firmware.

After this you should be set.
  4. budlightnmyhand

Device:
    iPod touch
    when i try to quickpwn it says my ipod must have firmware 2.0 to use quickpwn. I have never successfully installed any version of the 2.0 firmware on my ipod yet. I have all the ipod firmware versions downloaded so if anyone has any other suggestions?
  5. budlightnmyhand

Device:
    iPod touch

Ok so i should try installing itunes 8 (have that already) and then doing a restore to 2.1?
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Yep, just restore using iTunes 8, it'll ask to check for the latest firmware, and then you'll be on 2.1.

Then just use QuickPwn.
  7. budlightnmyhand

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok thanks, i have tried this before and it hasn't worked but ill try it again and report back. Do i have to put my ipod into DFU mode when i do the restore up to 2.1 via itunes 8 or just normal restore mode?