[NEED] Graphic art Ideas and Inspiration!

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by matt1308-, Apr 18, 2009.

1. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

Hey guys, so i'm usually screaming out ideas, though lately, the past couple of weeks, all i've managed to do is remove my face from my face, and do a couple retro vector concepts, i usually do something with depth or meaning, yet i've got nothing, could someone please inspire me, i've gone all over the internet looking for inspiration but nothing has done it for me, help me out.

please check out what i usually do here at my DA before posting, just so you know what i'm capable of, and what style i create.

it's the last day of my two week holiday break and i haven't achieved any good art pieces over the holidays. please, INSPIRE ME!
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Sort link out!

I know how you feel, though I'm working on a bit of typo with a bit of meaning due to something that happened yesterday. Does my head in when I can't think of something.

Try looking around dA for ideas? Maybe in the vector wallpaper section as thats what you tend to do. You could always do a collaboration with someone!
  3. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

thanks, link fixed.

i'd love do do some typography but whatever typo i've tried has come out very, very badly... and for typography to work it really does need meaning and purpose, something i am lacking at the moment.

yeah i'll look some more around DA.

and i'd love to do a collaboration with someone but there isn't really anyone that would, i have one friend who might like to team up for something, but she doesn't make art often, she has great potential but doesn't do much.

there is this one girl on deviantART, some pretty amazing stuff, i'm a huge fan of her style dumhild. she might be good to do a callaborative piece with, i still don't know.

still looking for inspiration from everyone else people

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

How would you do a collaborate with her though as her stuff is drawings?

Not saying my stuff is good (a tall) but I have some typography work on my account you might want to look at to get some ideas. Once in a while I have a look at the the most popular typography pieces that week/month and get some ideas. Sometimes I try and find quotes that mean something and just put things together.

Yeah a lot of the time it does need meaning and purpose, its better for me as creativity is how I express myself and with typography I can just say it without saying it. Yeah that was cool.
  5. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

that's the thing, i thought maybe mixing her drawn images into a realistic vector landscape could look cool, but scratch the idea anyway, might get in contact with her if i do deecide on wanting to do a piece with her but i'd rather do something with someone i know or by myself.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i was thinking some photo-manipulation with stocks, inspired by nickynerd... anywone have any good stocks that could be creatively revamped?
  6. stickypop

stickypop Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Look for artists that inspire you and try something similar to the work they create, then do it again, but with your own ideas. That's the way to start.

For artists look through a thread I think Classicfan(Sorry if that isn't your username) has posted, I've just posted a lot of artists I get inspiration from.
  7. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

haha, the two names i put in bold

classicfan from this forum is nickynerd on DA, lol.

and yeah i saw that thread the other day, when i get the time i'll post a list of my top DA artists, and i have been looking around a bit...
    just got an assignment today, two parts, study an artist, and design a major piece for assessment using two forms of media (the subject is multimedia

)
    so yeah, trying to think of something to do for that.
    thanks spider.