Need Good Review Of Anti Glare Film For Iphone

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TheConqueror, Jul 15, 2008.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

hey guys im getting this film for my iphone 3G soon, but im having some doubts. Can someone please write up a really good review with pics and all the info like shiping and what places it covers, and a overall great review. Please i really need this and i can do something in exchange (but im not giving out free apps or things like that)
  2. DaBeast

DaBeast New Member

Um, I can tell you right now that I don't advise getting that film. It's cheap, flimsy, and incredibly fragile. It got a scratch from being in my pocket for a few minutes. And on top of that, you can easily see and feel the film on your iPod or iPhone. The only thing it does well is prevent smudges, other than that it is a rip-off.
    I know this isn't a review but I hope I helped.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

ok. So does anyone agree with him? also is this the same about the power support crystal film?
  4. retroleum

retroleum New Member

I think it really depends on what kind of film you get.

There are plastic protectors that scratch easily (usually come free with more substantial cases), and there are self-healing urethane films (e.g. Invisible Shield, Bodyguardz)... there are probably other materials too, but my knowledge doesn't go that far.

Anyway, I use the urethane film (not either of the brands I mentioned, though... it was a super cheap no-name off eBay) and no other case. It definitely protects against scratches, and also makes the whole surface of the iPT less smudge-prone and easier to grip. That said, it changes the texture of the touch screen (which I personally like, but some people hate) and was a bit of a challenge to apply (not blatantly hard, but you have to be careful). It also doesn't cover Every Single Square Inch of the iPT: the rounded corners are obviously impossible to cover for a flat piece of film. Most also seem to have a cut-out for the wifi antenna and Home button.

Also, others have noted this, but the iPT touch screen is pretty scratch proof... I mostly got this film to protect the back and make the whole thing more smudge-resistant. Works great to that effect.
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I am a HUGE fan of Power Supports films They make models for both iPhones and the Touch, in both crystal and anti-glare. I've tried a lot of brands, and these are the only ones I'd recommend, and I highly recommend them. They're $14.95 and you can get them at Apple Stores, the online Apple Store, and I'd imagine they have their own website. I prefer the crystal, but only because I'm not a fan anymore of anti-glare films. I've had both though. They fit great on the device, and protect them well. I've never had a problem with dust getting underneath them. They are pretty easy to put on, and can be re-applied as often as you need. They can be washed and re-applied if need be, though I recommend doing that in a completely dust-free environment.

Both the crystal and anti-glare get 5 stars from me.
  6. luke99

luke99 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have one and how do i clean it
  7. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

ok my problem is solved, now shhhh lets this thread go to bed