Need for speed Undercover: Details about Handling

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by atma, Jun 24, 2009.

1. atma

atma New Member

Hello,

First. I'm not really a game fun. I bought my iPod 1st Gen 16 GB at the time because I was not able to buy an iPhone. Truth is that the iPod has been more than a decent companion on most of my trips, providing music, video clips and games.

I purchased NFS Undercover a few days ago and I'm really into it! I liked the game *VERY* much. I like cars, but I was not expecting any game to be anywhere near this gameplay. Simple - yet nearly complete, a killer app!

Now I need to beat the last race of the second stage. The local boss has a Corvette I think (it looks like an SLR at some points...). I'm using the EVO with full nitro upgrade bought. Now I'm remaking a few laps to gain some more money in order to improve the car's handling.

Does anyone know if it's better to purchase speed instead of handling? I mean, I can see that the car looses speed with it turns, will this be prevented if I improve the handling?

And if anyone knows, what kind of car the local boss has? Is it a corvette?

regards
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you like NFS, you will LOVE Real Racing.
  3. jsmith44

jsmith44 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i totally agree! there's like no competition for real racing, its by far the best one available
  4. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow! do you guys even read? he wasn't asking for another racing app but advice for NFSU.

learn to read kids.
  5. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    uhm, i think it would be better to invest in a new car. when i reached the third city with just the evo, i was completely blown away.. if it weren't for my superior driving skills, i wouldn't have made it through (just kidding, lol half-meant though

Please Register or Log in to view images

) . don't mind the looks of your car first, it wouldn't do your eyes any good anyway since you'd most probably be staring at the road when driving.

It depends on your driving style, but personally, i'd get the handling. You can do drifts (when necessary) so that you won't lose much speed while on turns, and controlling your drifts is quite challenging when there are other cars on the road. Which means the handling is very important.
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    we know, and how do you know we're even kids or not?

Look, I was suggesting another racing app, as he liked NFS, i clearly said that then he would like that.

You learn to read, dear child.
  7. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I just kept beating the races that were easy wins for the money and when I got to it, I got the lamborghini.

You need a lot of style points to unlock it, the best way to get those is the K/O races, you can get from 14,000 to 40,000 style points in those races. Helps to unlock the good cars fast.

I think either the lambo or the porsche are the best to use if you can unlock them and get the money. Just replay the old races and get the money to buy the good stuff.

I beat it once I got my lambo and I beat the race mode, it unlocked some "drift-mode" which I cant beat because I suck at drifting. oh well.

MY LAMBO!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hate body kits.
  8. redforeva

redforeva New Member

on topic please?

btw: handling does nothing
  9. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    he never asked for another racing game

/offtopic
  10. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i know. look, i was being friendly by suggesting another. my god.
    children these daiis....