Need Feedback on Mic - TouchMic MityMic

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by KnightGunner, Apr 15, 2009.

1. KnightGunner

KnightGunner New Member

I need a good mic for recording interviews and lectures. I do not need and won't be wearing headphones so those types of mics are no use for my situation. I came across a company www.touchmic.com that sells a microphone that appears to be exactly what I need call the "TouchMic MityMic".

Does anyone have one of these or can offer any PRO's and CON's on this mic? It is for my iPod Touch 2G. I don't like to buy anything without hearing or reading some reviews about it and I can not find any on this particular mic.

I would also like to use it with Shazam but that is secondary. I really really need a GREAT mic for work purposes. Thanks everyone.
  2. jukieklein

jukieklein New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, I'm also looking for information on this microphone. I read that one can use the microphone with the Skype app without headphones and still have the built-in speakers enabled. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

ETA: I contacted the company and this is the reply they sent me:
    Hi Julie,

Thanks for your email. The MityMic was recently released so the info is
    slowly getting out on the net.

It will in fact work with Skype if you use toggle the "speaker" function
    during a call.

Here are some links you may find useful:

http://www.unexpectedidea.com/ipod-touch-mitymic-review-audio-samples/

AND

NOTE THE LAST POST BY USER "HR"

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9309199

If you have any other questions just let us know. Otherwise feel free to
    order from our site at TouchMic.com.

Cheers!

-TouchMic.com
  3. jukieklein

jukieklein New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I purchased the MityMic and it arrived today and it's great! I ordered on the 21st (a Tuesday) in the late evening, received a mailing confirmation from the company on the 22nd (a Wednesday), and I just received the microphone today (Saturday the 25th), so really quick turnaround time.

I wanted a microphone that I could use with Skype to use my iPod touch as a "phone." I don't like headphones, and I don't need them with this microphone and Skype. When I make a call, I simply tap on the screen and a menu comes up. I press the "speaker" option and I can use the microphone to talk and hear the other person through the touch's native speaker.

KnightGunner, I hadn't heard of Shazam, but I downloaded this app to test it out. It works, as well. I haven't tried it anywhere but in front of my itunes-playing computer, but it was able to tag every song I threw at it.

Finally, I tested the microphone with the free italk app and the recording quality was very good. The output was a little quiet, but I believe that that is the app's limitations, as I read several reviews confirming this.

I've only had the thing for a couple of hours, but I'm very satisfied.