Need expertise help from somebody with knowledge. Override bluetooth-volume.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by JoeCool999, Jun 25, 2009.

1. JoeCool999

JoeCool999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello there! I'm kind o' stuck here. You see, yesterday i purchased a Jabra BT3030 from an online store, or i got the package yesterday, you get the idea.

I unpacked it and charged the headset for a few hours and fired it up. I now find out that (and listen carefully) the volume is TOO HIGH. Not too low, too HIGH. I can change the volume up and down, but i cannot change it down so much that it's pleasant to listen to.

Think of it like this; on the ipod, with cord-earphones, i listen to music between 35-60 % of the max volume. I find 45 % pretty pleasant.. but the LOWEST the Jabra BT3030 can go is 65 %/70 %... So the Jabra can only switch between 65-90% or something... and i never listen that high.

So the actual question here is if somebody knows a fix FROM THE iPOD-side, because when i pair it with a BT-headset, the VOLUME BAR disappears. If you could somehow override this setting, so that i can still change my own volume from the iPod, the problem would be easily fixed. Like instead of the iPod sending out music 100 % and let the headset do the rest, I can adjust it from the iPod, like if I paired it to a cellphone, or a computer.

Hope you understand my problem and that somebody with expertise is willing or knowing how to help. I've spoken with both Apple and Jabra support.. Nobody was sure of how to fix my issue, since I can't adjust the volume from my iPod touch. I've also tried pairing the headset with my computer and cellphone, both on which I'm able to MANUALLY change the volume lower than the headset itself. I'm also sure that it's the right impedance on my earphones. (16 Ohm, just like it says in the BT3030 manual.)

Thanks for all help i can possibly get..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Don't wanna feel like I've wasted 70 $ here..
  2. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well i have the opposite problem, i would like mine to be louder. but i guess if a solution is found for you it would also apply to me but in the opposite way.

Anyway i downloaded the volume boost for the 3.0 OS and installed it, but i while i was in celestiel framework i thought id do a bit of digging around. i found 3 .plist files that had the default settings for third party "headset" and "headphones" among others maybe this could help you, if you decrease the default value. i increased mine and noticed a small difference in loudness.
  3. JoeCool999

JoeCool999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Where did you find this plists, and what were their file names?

4. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The plists are in /system/privateframework/celestiel

there are references in the file N80, plists and in the celestial files itself there are plists named systemmaximumvolume.plist. The settings are there.
  5. mafi0z

mafi0z New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    isnt there a volume limit meter in the settings?

i believe its under Settings -> Music -> Volume Limit

give it a shot..
    ------------------double post merged------------------

didnt find that path in 3.0 ...
    mine are under /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/
  6. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok so whats the highest recommended to set? is it 1.0? not to blow the speakers but to make it louder.

EDIT: oh wait it looked like a .9 to me. 1.0 would be to loud.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    what do i edit to make the speakers louder?
  7. JoeCool999

JoeCool999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The thing is, that when you pair your iPod to a headset via BlueTooth it stops listening to ALL other sound settings, and make all settings to max, and then lets the headset do the rest, and here my headset is faulty, because it's amplificator is too strong or something, so i get a helluva sound.. ^^

EDIT: Tried fiddling with the files in Celestial.framework with NO success. No matter what filed i chose. Strange. Apple may have some kind of lock to these files, so that the program knows what's the default value and always uses that one? Because i found strings of code like Headset: 0.5888889 and such, which sounded so right, but nothing happened when i changed them.

Anyone got other ideas also? I'm willing to try here. Thanks!
  8. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    @Joecool I've found that if you use a media player from cydia, im using yxflash this allows you to turn up and down the volume from the iPod and it works, volume on the Jabra is lowered and raised. hope this helps

9. JoeCool999

JoeCool999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh! That's nice! But i really want to be able to change the volume from the native MobileMusicPlayer.. but know i know that there's an alternative.

Thanks! But i guess the problem lays somewhere in the MobileMusicPlayer.app-folder.. how can i change that? :/ That's not possible i guess..

10. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if someone could inspect how yxflash controls its own independent volume and created a patch for the native music app that could work.