Need desperate help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Mr Deftino, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Mr Deftino

Mr Deftino New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys, I tried Jailbraking my iPod using this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFEk_nt4ZtM

I installed libUSB in compatability for Windows XP SP2, coz I'm on vista. I then opened and ran Jailbrake.bat in compatability for Windows XP SP2. I closed iTunes, plugged in my iPod. Held the power and home buttons for 10 seconds then held the home button for 8 seconds. Then iTunes came up saying "iPod not recognised" or sumthing. Also, on the video he presses enter twice and then some massive code scrolls down, mine simply said "no ipod/iphone found" I then disconnected the usb and plugged it back in after 2 seconds, the screen DID NOT go white, nothing happened except iTunes displayed the same message. I then restored it with the official firmware I downloaded.

2nd try:

I did the same as 1st try except I held the power and home buttons for 10 seconds then held the home button for 8 seconds, but let go after my comp made the USB OUT noise, not USB in. Now whenever I connect my USB to my iPod my computer doesn't pick it up AT ALL, not even iTunes. So I can't add music or anything. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Restore to a fresh 2.2.1 then try the jailbreak again. You might have to do it serveral times in order to get it down. It's a common problem.