Need Customize Help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jjj651, Mar 7, 2008.

1. jjj651

jjj651 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK,
    So i found out that you can download customize 1.22 from http://code.google.com/p/customize/
    so i can use it with 1.1.3.

then when i put it on my ipod, it still doesnt work. So then I set all the permissions back to 775 and its still not working. Skylar told me in my other thread that got closed that i have to run
    /bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    and
    /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    and
    /Applications/Customize.app/Customize in SSH or Terminal. How do i run them?

UPDATE: go here for the repo that contains the repo with the working customize app for 1.1.3.! http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46383
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you're a windows user, download WinSCP. (google it) Then find the sticky in the iPod touch Applications Section for the guide on how to set it up. Once you have connected to your iPod using WinSCP, you can open a Putty window and type those commands in, followed by hitting "enter". I'm sorry that I can't be more specific as I am on my iPod now. PM me if you have any questions.
  3. jjj651

jjj651 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do u open up a putty window on cute FTP pro?
  4. royboy303

royboy303 New Member

If you are a newbie to all this then in the right panel of cute FTP navigate to the folder aplications andfind customize right click on customize.app and choose preperties and chage the octal to 0755 then navigate to the other directory and to the same
  5. GodLikeJC

GodLikeJC Member

So the putty is the properties menu, because along time ago a jailbreak kit came with putty but i deleted it. Where can i find putty? Sometimes i cant extract customize either.
  6. jjj651

jjj651 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

So thats what all those commands do. I set all of the directories to 755 instead of 0755 but that customize app still wont work. Did you download it from that link and try it on 1.1.3.?