Need Complete Help!

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Monopato, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Monopato

Monopato New Member

Hey.

Well, i already jailbroke my touch, i already have gpSPhone installed, and i have the Bios and roms i want in my pc.

My question, how the hell do i use WinSCP!? I have no idea on how to use it, i dont even know what is FTP :s. Please guide me step by step on how to be able to browse through my ipod touch inside files.

Im running on Windows XP SP2, i got no Wifi for my PC and im using my neighbours Wifi connection on my touch.

By the way I have already installed BSD Subsystem, Open SSH and Community Sources on the touch if that helps.

I have already followed this guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9978&highlight=ssh picture guide
    But as soon as i choose press loign and the window pop ups to connect, it tell me connection times out after a while
  2. touchthisipod

touchthisipod New Member

OK... look boddy, i don't use cuteftp, what im use is WinSCP, so if u want just look for WinSCP, and download it, after that open it up, and... in host name: put you're IP address(ipod touch ip), in user name put: root , in password put: alpine, that's all, just make sure, you're ipod has wifi running at that time, if you are now sure, just open safari and that's it, run WinSCP, and go to /Media/ (and remember you have to make the folders ROMs(look the caps)for the games(NES for NES games, GBA for gpSPhone, and PSX for psx4all), so at the end you gonna have someting like this, /private/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES, etc, so remember to download the NES games in NES folder, GBA in GBA folder, and ect.....
    PM if you need more help, that's easy but we all know is better to ask before......
    and SEARCH,,,,,,,,OOOOOOOOOO
    ALMOS FORGOT, the bios file go in gpSPhone.app, folder.
  3. Monopato

Monopato New Member

Thanks for your help, but I still can't connect. It's just no able to. It tells me it times out. Do i have to have a good wifi reception? Does the connection speed matter at all?

Edit: I think i may have advanced a lil. Now instead of just telling me it times out, the windows passes searching for host and goes connecting to host. Then tells me 15 seconds have passed and then tells me connection closed unexpectedly.

I think this may have to do with the port, instead of 22 i selected 21 and got to this stage.

Did i advance?
  4. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch