Need Beta Testers

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Nickll9009, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It is a small project I am working on, that could become big.

Beta testers will need to meet the following requirements:

Must have an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPhone 3G

Open SSH installed, and knowledge on how to use it

2.0 - 2.0.1 - 2.0.2 Jailbroken

I prefer to talk over AIM, but Yahoo! and Gmail messenger will work too.

I only need about 5 testers so PM me soon!

Slot 1 - Filled

Slot 2 - Filled

Slot 3 - Filled

Slot 4 - Filled

Slot 5 - Filled

Can a mod please close this thread. Thanks!
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

oh sh*t! you mean this time you might actually use a real UIKit object? DAYUUMMMM.

lmao. with the coding knowledge you presently have i dont expect this to be anything. i expect tons of memory leakage from whatever you're trying to produce. you don't even know what your code means dude... i asked you what different parts of the app meant and you didn't know. i even asked you what a boolean was and you had to look it up on google, and even then you STILL DIDN'T GET IT. again, 2 days ago you asked me how to make an app that wasn't a uiapplication. i dont see how you can go straight into making applications in full ( gui and such ) without knowing the core basics of C. you should just step back and learn the fundamentals first. i believe you can be a good developer BUT; you first need to get that down. the energy is there though.

may i suggest:...

The Objective-C Language Manual

and check out

Wikipedia's Objective-C Page

That will get you started. Also, learn what is required to actually produce the application. As in, you understand the jobs of the compiler, linker, assembler, etc. You should be able to compile an application without a makefile, and again the example with the original c applications. a one function application should not need a makefile.

Code:
    $gcc -march=armv6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -Wall -Os -ObjC -std=gnu99 -Wall -Werror -multiply_defined suppress YOURAPP.c -o YOURAPP -ObjC -lobjc -bind_at_load

that is just an example. also, try and get more familiar with reading the headers versus having to find examples on the internet. that is not good at all. you want to be able to understand the object you are producing, and be able to optimize how you use it and maybe tweak it to do some cool stuff. copy and paste = BAD. i doubt that you do this very often, but still, remembering back when you were asking for code help you were using copy and pasted code from powertool (*earlier version*), which dissapointed me. It's much better for you and the code to just rewrite it all out. Find some good habbits of how you like to write, and develop your own style of coding. i wanna see big things from you, dont dissapoint me

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh don't be a jerk until the end then fluff it up so it's supposed to be comforting.
    By the way guys, NONE of what he said is true!!!
    Oh, gjb if u didn't already know, what your doing is called FLAMING, and you have been reported.

So, basically stop while your ahead.
  4. gojohnnyboi

Ha, NONE of it!!>?!?!?!?! dude. every single person you have sent code to to fix FOR YOU (not good!) says its unbelieveably mesy.

yeah, dont believe me? i still have the source code to utilities 2.0 if you wish for me to post it. and if you deny that it is legit source code, than we can always dump your application with class-dump and prove that it really is true. you will find no deallocation functions whatsoever, which is just terrible. report me. report me again. do it. but, ill have you know that you are only hurting your own reputation by releasing apps that can harm the device in some way, or perform tasks that the user is unaware of.
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ladies, please. Not necessary.
  6. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Neither was that comment.
  7. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

You have the SRC to Utilities 2.0?? ya maybe the wacked out old version!!

The official Utilities 2.0 has dealloc functions in EVERY view, and don't do anything to it.
  8. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol.
    Seriously, your not accomplishing anything but getting an infraction, if your trying to flame others for their coding. Find something better to do Gojohnnyboi, other than insulting others. Instead you could try helping others with out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. gojohnnyboi

really, because i just class dumped the final one as well. where are these functions you speak of? i dont see them anywhere. hmm, isn't that just akward! also, from a reliable source (2 of them actually) who has seen your code, say that in this upcoming project of yours you DO have dealloc functions, but dont even release half your objects in them. they also say that you are trying to transition to views you have not even created yet, and that your subclasses are so messy and mixed up its a wonder that the app works
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    the first post was constructive critism. now im pissed.
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Was the infraction pointed at me? :|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.