Need assistance restoring from backup

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by R4ds1234, Mar 16, 2010.

1. R4ds1234

R4ds1234 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Okay, here's my situation in a nutshell. I wanted verbose boot for my ipod touch 2g, with 3.1.2 firmware spoofed as 3.1.3. I used redsn0w's "already pwned" option to try and enable verbose boot, but it didn't work, and made my ipod horribly sluggish.

I decided to back up everything and use blackra1n again, so i used Appbackup in conjunction with
    Aptbackup, used Sharepod to backup my music, used SSH to backup parts of my filesystem that i needed, like Yourtube downloads and such, and used iTunes to back up the plists and tarballs saved with Aptbackup and Appbackup.

I put my iPod in DFU mode, reinstalled an unmodified 3.1.2, and when given the option to restore from a backup, i selected mine. But, i had forgotten that i had spoofed it as 3.1.3. It wouldn't let me restore, as it was an "older version"

Panicking, i went to /appdata/roaming/apple computer/mobilesync/backup/, and looked through there for a plist i could edit to spoof it back to 3.1.2. but when i went there, it had set up a new backup for the freshly wiped ipod...

I used an undeleter program to get a bunch of old backups from months ago, and tried putting those in the /mobilesync/backup/ folder, but itunes doesn't see them, even after exiting and starting it back up. Their info.plist files are also funky, having info about websites, or windows services, instead of information about the device.

I really don't want to start from scratch, as Thursday would mark an entire year that i've been jailbroken, and never lost a thing.