Need assistance for StatusBar, Slider, (C)Lockscreen and More.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Skou, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Skou

Skou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Need assistance for StatusBar, Slider, and (C)Lockscreen

Hello ifans.com

I've red some of the "How to make a theme"-tuts since I've forgot mostly everything, but it still won't work, and I can't see where I've made an mistake, so hopefully there's some kind and skilled people outthere, which wants to help me.

I need some assistance with this:

As you see on the wallpaper, the statusbar isn't transparent. The weird thing is, I've made an transperant .png file named "StatusBar" which I made 320x20, dropped it in the "Themename.theme" folder, but it won't work.

There's also another problem, if you look closely, you can see the names under the apps in the dock, I've checked "No Docked Icon Labels" in Winterboard, but seems not to work, same as the "Transperant Dock", that don't work either, I had to make one by my self, which works fine.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And here you see my theme folder, there shouldn't be any mistakes afaik:

And as you see here on this picture, the "Unlock" text isn't where it's supposed to be.

It would be really nice, if there was someway to make the black background where the clock stands transperant, is that possible?

Is there any way to adjust it, and is it possible to move the whole slider including the lines up/down as you want it?

Well, I hope there's some clever guys outthere there can tell me what I've done wrong, so I can fix it.

Let me know if there's something you don't understand and I'll try do it better, my english isn't the best on earth. ^_^

~Best Regards,

Skou

2. Skou

Skou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No one? :-(
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Your english is fine.
    2. Statusbar: iOS4 doesn't work with status bar themes, something is blocking them from working. I haven't been able to fix it.
    3. The icon labels thing and transparent dock themes i believe are also incompatible with iOS4. Your current thing looks fine, I had to really look for the names. I'm sure there's some way to do it though.
    4. Looks to me like the "Unlock" thing is an image, as well as the other parts of the slider (lines, etc.) which would mean you could just edit them in photoshop, gimp, whatever to have more transparent pixels on the bottom to push them up higher.
  4. Buzzard267

Buzzard267 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can I have a copy of the lockscreen part of your theme? It's really good.
  5. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    For the clock, the image name is this:
    DeviceLockEntryFieldBackground.png

It is 8 x 96 (width x height) and keeps getting repeated over and over again for the clock background. It goes in \Bundles\com.apple.springboard. You make it Photoshop/GIMP with tranparency and it will be tranparent on your iDevice. By default, this image is pure black.

For your Status bar on your homepage with all icons and stuff, there is an image called
    Black_Base.png
    It is 20 x 5 (width x height) and goes in \UIImages\
    It keeps getting repeated over and over again. NOTE CHANGING THIS IMAGE WILL ALSO AFFECT THE STATUS BAR IN PHOTOS.APP SO DON'T MAKE IT TOO TRANSPARENT OR THE TRANSPARENCY WILL END UP WHITE!

Translucent_Base.png is the image used for the Status bar on the lockscreen. This image is bigger
    320 x 20 (wxh) and goes in \UIImages\
    Unlike the other status bar, it is not repeated.

I can tell you the music controls as well, if you want.
  6. Skou

Skou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks guys!

iDestiny - I'll try work it out later since I don't have time now, then I'll come up with an report of how everything went, thanks a lot for now!

7. Skou

Skou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The picture, or the slider? Or both?

8. Skou

Skou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. The DeviceLockEntryFieldBackground.png doesn't work. I've made a transperant .png file named "DeviceLockEntryFieldBackground", located it in \Bundles\com.apple.springboard - but nothing happend.

As you see here, it's still like it was before:

2. The Black_Base.png worked perfectly, thanks!
    But as you said, it wouldn't be transperant in the photo.app, is there a way to make it transperant in there too?

As you can see here is my statusbar transperant now:

And as you see here, it isn't transperant in the photo.app:

3. The Translucent_Base.png worked perfectly too, as you see here:

9. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Clock might be BarLCD.png 1x96 (wxh)
    It's been too longs since I last did my theme

The reason why the blackbase isn't 'transparent' as per se, is that they use that image as is, whereas on the springboard it overlays the wallpaper.

In the photo.app, it must have been the Translucentbase which is the image used, if it were that it would make sense :s. I think I've confused myself

10. Skou

Skou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'll try to make the BarLCD.png transperant later, I'll come up with some screenies when its done!