Need an Apple Genius' iPhone help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itouchnathan, Jun 23, 2009.

1. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My iPhone 3G's ringer/vibrate button fell off for the second time today.
    I managed to have already dropped my iPhone and the drop smashed the screen as well and I'm not sure what they will say about me wanting a replacement for the phone because the button fell off and I have a cracked screen.
    The screen is really damaged but I can still use it perfectly, and the only reason I'm annoyed is because I can't swap from ringer to silent anymore which is a bummer in class because I have to turn it on Airplane mode and it gets annoying.
    I'm just curious as to what their thoughts may be on this are?
    Thanks for your time.
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    My 3G has a shattered screen and was within warrenty. Apple wanted $200 to replace it. For that price, I could just buy the 3G.
  3. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    once they see the screen theyll turn you down instantly. I was at the genius bar last week and I overheard some guy getting turned down for getting his iphone 2g replaced for lcd pixels. he was turned down because the genius found a small scuff on the black antenna cover that looked like the iphone may have been dropped.

Of course 15 mins later I got my 3G replace with a new one even though It has about 3 of those scuffs and the back was relaly scratched up. (btw I didnt have any problem with my old 3g its jsut that since the new FW came out and was said ot be unlockable i wanted to take the chance to get a new iphone before my warranty ran out in september)