Need an App that offers a toggleable safe mode

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by one2many, Jul 1, 2010.

1. one2many

one2many Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With a jailbroken ipod touch 2G, you can't run certain games without inevitable crashes, which in my case is Guitar Hero. Yes I can use SBsettings to enter safe mode but there is no toggle or respring option that I can find. So I instead have to restart which just takes too much time if I just want to play the game for a couple minutes. I know that there was an app that allowed you to toggle on and off a "game mode" where it essentially killed all jailbroken idevice processes leaving you with a seemingly non-jailbroken device. I don't remember the name of the app but I remember the icon was something really awkward that had nothing to do with it and it had something like a Star Wars looking character on it.

If you can tell me the name and possibly supply a repo/.deb that would be great.
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Double tap on the home button to bring up music controls. Slide the volume button left and right really fast for five seconds, then press the home button. It should respring into safe mode.

EDIT: OR download SB Settings, swipe the status bar, click power, and click safe mode.
    EDIT 2: OR look at this quote:
  3. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    By toggle or respring, do you mean to get out of safe mode?

To get out, just tap the status bar and click restart
  4. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He wants to turn on safe mode.
  5. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OR download SwapMode, which I believe does exactly what you mentioned in your first post. I remember when Super Monkey Ball 2 didn't work for jailbroken devices people used this to fix it, but it should work in your situation..?
  6. one2many

one2many Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ha SwapMode was the app I was talking about. Thank you very much.