Need advice.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Ari., Aug 9, 2009.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi,

I want to start developing for the iPhone and i just wanted some tips to get started.

I own a mac with the up to date SDk and i have an iPhone 3Gs to test with and ive done the basic helloworld apps.

But, i need advice on where to get good info, what book are best to buy for beginners, online tutorials for basics and stuff etc etc etc.

Ive read Apples documentation but i didnt fully understand it and it seemed to jump in to fats and i need to learn slowly and build up if you knwo what i mean.

Also, what are good basic apps to practise making for beginners, other then helloworld.

Thanks, I hope that made sense

Please Register or Log in to view images

also, i know i can search around for the info i need above, but id rather have someone tell me on here rather then looking and getting confused and lost.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Part of being a developer is learning how to research your way out of deadends, quandrys, and problems.

This specific forum is full of threads by several members full of books, materials, and other basic beginners information. I am strongly suggesting that you take a look through all those threads. Reply to this thread only after you have checked out the solutions provided and if you still have questions.
  3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    ok, im sorry i posted this and kind of rushed into it, instead of spending the time looking through here.

Ill spend the next few hours/days or how ever long going through these threads and reading the help given.

i've only ever glanced through soem of these thread so maybe thats why im stuck, i will have a good look thgough, thanks for your reply.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It seems I am leaving words out of my posts left and right this morning. I mabd to say that this forum is full of posts from people just beginning and asking the same questions as you. These threads are full of the materials that you seek.

Apologies for the unintended jerkiness of my previous post.
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    oh no don't apologize, i didn't feel you was being a jerk or anything, i understood what you ment

Please Register or Log in to view images