need advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by w103mcb, Jan 16, 2009.

1. w103mcb

w103mcb New Member

i am new to this site and i have been reading about alot of differnet things. i bought my girlfriend a ipod touch last year for mothers day. she does not think about updating software and all that good stuff and i dont play with it enough to keep up on that stuff for her. and was unaware of all the stuff out there for these things. i am still a little confused on what jailbreaking is all about and i was wondering about updating the os software? i found hers is running 1.1.4 (4a102) i see there is an update to 2.1 online, i was wondering if it is really worth the $9.95 they are charging to update it. The money is not the issue (if it was i would not have bought an expensive toy like this) i just looking to see if it makes a diffrence and how hard is it to upgrade. like i said i have not really played with this thing enough to know alot about it. but have ran upgades and sony psp and play startion 3 160gb and those where not hard. so i just trying to clear up some info on these to things to see if i should do it for her.
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

You can upgrade to 2.2(latest version) for $10 and jailbreak(if you wish) using QuickPwn.
  3. w103mcb

w103mcb New Member

ok this may be another dumb questin but what is QuickPwn?
  4. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Jailbreaking is the unlocking of the root partition on your iPod touch to allow for features not availible without such Jailbreak and to free it of Apple's restrictions.
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    jailbreaking triples the amount of things you can do on your ipod within 10 minutes at most and if something goes wrong it is COMPLETELY reversible.