Need Advice On Iphone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ricecook, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ricecook

ricecook New Member

ok i have a 16gb ipod touch and im thinking of selling it and get a iphone or just keep it i dont know..but any ways if i do get a iphone what firmware will it mostly have? im getting this like late december and if it dose have 1.1.2 will i be able to still add 3rd party apps and how would i be able to do that?also can i put a diffrent sim card? but not its ok ill just use ATT plan..
  2. Khris

Khris New Member

By late December, it will most likely be v1.1.2.

At present there is a Jailbreak and Activation method for v1.1.2, however there is no way to unlock it and use a non-AT&T SIM.

Only time will tell as to when AnySim will work.
  3. Dman51

Dman51 New Member

It will probably be 1.1.2 if you buy it at the store. Thats going to be a weird jailbreak process because you will have to down grade then oktoprep then upgrade back agian to 1.1.2. Anysim currently does not work with 1.1.2 but I am sure will soon all though for best results I would
    just switch to AT&T if you arnt they already. To save the hassle off downgrading etc. Try checking ebay out for an iPhone that has 1.0.2 or 1.1.1
  4. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    check the serial #'s. In the first 5 digits, if the last 2 numbers are 45 and higher, they most likely be 1.1.2. your best bet is go to a non authorized store that sells iphones and check the serial #'s
  5. chrischris292

chrischris292 New Member

im waiting for anysim cuz i dont mind ATT but the thing i already have a plan but i need to upgrade it to get it to work. I rarely will use data so i dont want to have unlimated and pay a ton. Is there anyway i can use my current one without upgrading it??
  6. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you get a 1.1.2, just downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak and unlock. there is nothing special worth upgrading to 1.1.2 for. Just do that untill you can unlock in 1.1.2
  7. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iPhone's are different. if they get a 1.1.2 OTB it has a different bootloader which can't be unlocked. Even if you downgraded to 1.1.1. 1.1.2 is already unlockable but only if you updated your iPhone into that software not if it came OTB.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Take both of them apart. Remove the two 8GB flash chips from the iPod and replace the 4GB Flash Chips in the iPhone. Solder the iPhone chips into the iPod, and sell it as a Used 8GB iPod while enjoying the crap out of your new 16GB iPhone.