Need a Program to Fix this

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mamapop, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mamapop

mamapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    a while back my computer died and i lost everything all my music was still on my ipod so i managed to get it all back on my computer. problem is it all wound up in these folders shown in pic 1. (everything not in a folder starting with the F0 thing is new music since it happened) i guess its just a way to encode it all. anyways the second thing is that all of my songs got put into all these folders ranging from F01-F05 and all the files look like this in pic 2. The thing is Itunes can still read the file names so whenver i look at in itunes is file and all has all the information. i need a program that can rename every song by reading the data thatt itunes reads. i kindof a neat freak so ya its just really annowing.

Attached Files:

2. SupahDragon

SupahDragon New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, as long as you have all of your music backed up on your computer there is no issue. Instead of doing all of that and renaming everything, try making a new folder and go into iTunes. I'll do this step by step.
    -------------------------------------
    1) Go make a new folder wherever you want.
    2) Open iTunes, go into Library
    3) Click on any one of the songs(does not matter which one), then press Ctrl + A(Make sure all songs are highlighted)
    4) Drag all of your music into the folder you just created
    5) Delete the previous folders containing the music that got name changed.
    --------------------------------------------
    Should be in that folder and hope everything goes well, hope this helps!
  3. mamapop

mamapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i didnt work none of the names changed