Need a hand real quick

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Loudmouth2332, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so, I was trying to edit the icons for my webclips and i named one something that wasn't icon.png and apparently my ipod doesn't like that very much as i'm just getting the spinning wheel of death on the apple screen on boot up

I know I could just resotre if I had too (something I REALLY would like to avoid) so I was wondering, If i hooked my ipod up to my Mac in recovery mode, via USB, is there a program that would let me enter the file directory through the USB connection? So like tandem to cyberduck only through my USB connection while in recovery mode instead of a wifi connection?
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well seeing webclips are on 1.1.3+, and most 1.1.3+ ipods are jailbroken with pwnage or ziphone, and you seem to not know about totalcommander. nope. theres no way. 1.1.3+ jailbroken cant be accesses through USB unless you install a repo in Installer and install a file that patches the file system so that it is accessable through USB. but i really doubt you did this beforehand, so you cant access it.
  3. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    answer me this. did you jailbreak using Pwnage/WinPwn or ZiPhone? if so, have you EVER used a program that connects to your ipod through the USB port? (other than itunes of course)