Need a Good PassWord Program and Car Maintance Log

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by JebNY, Feb 25, 2009.

1. JebNY

JebNY New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have been an owner of a Touch for a week now. I am moving from a Palm T-3 that has been my second brain for many years now. I have been slowly finding replacement apps and have replacements for most functions (and a lot of new functions).

What I still need before I can cut the Palm loose is a good password vault and an auto maintenance log.

I have use a Palm program called LockBox which was adequate but it would be nice to have an export/import capability so if I need to move programs I will not have to type everything in again. Categories or folders would also be nice.

The auto log I currently use is called KarKare and does everything I want but run on the touch. It allows up to 4 vehicles to be tracked, has a place for fuel usage as well as maintenance and has warnings when standard maintenance is due. It also will give operating cost and milage statistics over given time frames.

So what are you guys using, what is best apps for these two functions?

Jeb
  2. Corbin123

Corbin123 New Member

You willing to pay money or you looking for a free app?
  3. JebNY

JebNY New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Free is always good but I have bought several apps already when they were what I needed. The KarKare probram I use on the Palm is a paid for program.

Jeb
  4. JebNY

JebNY New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I expected more responses. Did I post in the wrong form?

In the mean time I kept searching and I found what looks like a great Car Maintance Log. I played a little with the free version and then bought the full version of Road Trip for $4.99. It does everything I was looking for, multiple vehicles, stats, maintenance, import export. It is missing the reminders for maintenance but it is a relatively new app still being updated every few weeks. I exported all the data from my old Palm app and in short order using an online tool on the Road Trip web site I had all the fuel data for 4 vehicles uploaded into Road Trip. I had to enter the maintenance data by hand but that is small in comparison. In a little over an hour I had several years of data from 4 vehicles all in and the stats checked against my Palm for accuracy.

I'll use it for a few days before giving it a review on the store site but it looks like a winner so far.

Jeb