Need a complete rundown

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frogshark40, Apr 2, 2008.

1. frogshark40

frogshark40 New Member

I just went to Apple at my local mall and bought the lowest gb iPhone (8gb?)
    Anyway...Because I heard At&T charge alot for the iPhone, people getting sky high bills, I wanted to make it where I can use another carrier to use the iPhone, as a phone. I was thinking maybe Cricket or T-Moble. Is there ANY way this is possible?

If so please if you could send me a link to a site or whatever! Im pretty sure the iphone is 1.1.4 firmware, if I need to downgrade I could sure use the firmwares and such to downgrade (I have a 8g ipot and successfully have a jailbroken 114)

I will pay money if necessary -.-
  2. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Don't pay any money. Download ZiPhone (Google it), then click "Do it all!" It will then jailbreak, unlock, and activate your phone, and then you can put another SIM in it.
  3. frogshark40

frogshark40 New Member

Sorry for the nusience, but im 14 and dont know to much about phones (never had a cell =/) but a sim is something your phone provider gives u after u sign up for their company?

Is there any special things I need to activate the sim or anything?
  4. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It is no problem. A SIM card is used by GSM carriers which basically allows you to put it in other phones and have it work without notifying the cell company. Some companies have had problems with customers' phones getting stolen because of it.

Basically, get T-Mobile and sign up for a contract to get a free phone, then the SIM card will be activated. Then, once the iPhone is unlocked, just stick the SIM card in there.
  5. frogshark40

frogshark40 New Member

Wow...your very helpful...

Also last thing, would Cricket www.MyCricket.com work?
  6. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope. I just looked it up, and it uses another protocol called CDMA and piggy backs on Verizon which unfortunately is not compatible with the iPhone.
  7. frogshark40

frogshark40 New Member

Ok, THANK YOU VERRY MUCH!

You really are amazing!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    People aren't getting sky high bills, atleast Justine with the 300 page bill.

The 300 page bill wasn't high, it was just detailing her account activity.

And the guy who got a $1000+ bill, he was roaming outside of the US.
  9. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, try getting on your moms plan. I heard that T-Mobile offers support in unlocking iPhones to be used on their network.

Also, if you want to use AT&T, go ahead. I have been using them and there is no overages unless you go over minutes, text messages, or you roam internationally. And the 300 page bill was a glitch that axisting AT&T customers had because they had their bill option set to detailed.
  10. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm going to get an iPhone when, my contract expires. But I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Well by then the iPhone will be like $200.00 so I will sell my iPod and its like a free phone!! I'll sell my old phones as well!