Need a bit of help~

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Kagelou, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys~
    So I have two questions/problems
    1. How can make the music controls visible on the lock screen? Like, I have music playing, I lock my ipod, and the music keeps playing. I want the controls to be shown when I unlock the phone. A good example of what I am talking about is shown in the first page of the Screenshot Thread. I want something like in the third picture of xxmockeyxx's post

2. When I enter my unlock code for my ipod, the black dots that appear seem to have moved up, or my UIPasscodeFieldBackground.png must have moved down. I do not recall doing anything weird, but is there any way to fix this??? the last thing I did was install iAccess and a keyboard, which I uninstalled both.
    Thanks in advance~!

Also, is it possible to change the carrier on the iPod Touch, or is that just for the iPhone? Looked into my ipod and it had the correct files, changed them, but nothing happened...Is it because I have MakeItMine installed and working?
  2. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hehe, you said both iPod and iPhone in your questions.
    I dont think you can keep the controls open, but if you double press home, it should bring up controls.

Not sure about question 2, maybe it's your text font?
  3. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oops lol I meant iPod Touch
    Then what are the controls on the status bar in that image???
    How about the carrier picture thing? Can only the iPhone make it an actual picture?

Yep, your right! It was the font! Any way to keep that from happening?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

The controls in the status bar is MusicBar. And for your second question, I believe it's your font like imranh101 said.
  5. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, just take off the MakeItMine carrier, just leave it blank in MIM and tap carrier, then activate your custom carrier and respring.
  6. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hmmmmm I opened up MIM, insert one space, and then touch carrier and a space appears. The picture that I loaded does not appear...
    Do I go into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ and replace the original images? Or do I make a Winterboard theme for these carrier picture? If so, what do I name the folders?
    Thanks~

The MusicBar worked perfectly! Really nice and useful MobileSubstrate! Thanks~
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You can replace them if you want, or make a Winterboard theme.
    It would be:
    /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/(Theme name)/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png
    /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/(Theme name)/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png
  8. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hmmmm still not working =/
    Is there a certain amount of spaces I need to put in for MIM?
    Also, is there width limit to the image? I know the height limit is 20 pixels..
    I have two images: one that is 20x20 and one that is 135x20. Neither of them work =/
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there's no width limit. But for MIM, if you insert a space and press Carrier or Banner, it'll put a space. To remove it, you have to have absolutely nothing (no space or anything at all) and press Carrier and Banner.
  10. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh! Well, that solved the problem! Worked like a charm
    Its just that the 135x20 overlaps the time =/
    Is there anyway to get rid of the time or move it over a bit?

Doh never mind! I can just use MIM and use spaces to make the time dissapear! xD