Need a bit of help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by windwalker, Mar 15, 2009.

1. windwalker

windwalker New Member

Just jailbroken my ipod touch 2G and thought that it would open it up, as in when you plug it into the computer you would see all the files and folders and such. I have seen this offline maps that you can put into the google maps and I don't see how that is possible with my ipod since it dose not open up on the computer. I am no means a noob when it comes to hacked things eg psp, xbox, ect... but i am a newbie to the touch and seems a tad confussing since i cant just plunk down files into wherever I want to. It don't even show up as a drive on my pc. is there something wrong?
  2. Munksyman325

Munksyman325 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    One word.
    SSH
  3. Musicislife

Musicislife Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    download winSCP and install it, get an app that enables ssh on your ipod, and run both. in winscp username is root and pass is alpine. after you put those in and connect it should let you access the ipods system files to add/change anything you want in the ipod itself
  4. windwalker

windwalker New Member

awesome! thanks for the info. I will look those up. I tried searching google for information but the only thing that would pop up were vids of people doing it with no info on how. So, thanks a buch!
  5. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)