Need a bit of help installing apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sixsicsix, Dec 27, 2008.

1. sixsicsix

sixsicsix New Member

hey gang, so i'm pretty new to this. until today, i've never even used an ipod touch. so far today i've upgraded to 2.2, and i've jailbroken successfully. I have cydia and installer.app installed. my question is:

1.) i'm looking for agile messenger. why dont i see it as an option to install? i assume i need to install a source package. how do i find which sources i need.

2.) earlier today i had 1.1.4 and it was jailbroken, in installer.app i seeem to have had a whack more stuff to chose from, some solitaire games, even agile messenger as mentioned above. but now i dont see any of em. what do i do to get em back?
  2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

k, u have 2.2 now rite.. dont ever use installer, only use cydia. and u should also have the appstore, thats the application store where u get all the apps such as games and social stuff. use that
  3. sixsicsix

sixsicsix New Member

ok, yes i'm at 2.2. so cydia only.

so, where do i find agile messenger? i cant seem to find it through either cydia or appstore
  4. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

theres no agile messenger, theres a lot of im apps though, and other games.. search for im+ and get it, its a lot better
  5. sixsicsix

sixsicsix New Member

i think i'm missing a piece. i dont even find im+ when i search.

thanks for the help by the way

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: scratch that, i found it in the appstore.

One last question, since i should not use installer.app, how would i get it off there?
  6. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Don't delete it because it will be of some use again. Download BossPrefs from Cydia. Once it's installed open it and then open Poof. You can hide it. Just leave it there till you hear it's good again.
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

... and a lot of the programmers who used to release for Installer NOW exclusively release for Cydia, and Installer 4 hasn't been good since it came out. Saying it'll be "good again" someday is somewhat like saying that Apple will one day advocate jailbreaking and release their iPods and iPhones unlocked and ready for third-party developers to develop whatever they want without being censured by the App Store rules.