Need 3.0 Jailbreak info for Mac PPC Please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by tkleven, Jul 9, 2009.

1. tkleven

tkleven New Member

Ok, Here it goes ...

I have an IPhone 3G running 3.0... on a Mac PPC. Version 10.5.7... ITunes version 8.2...

(for the people that don't know yet) I have tried and found out recently that you cannot download the redsn0w software package using Safari, you have to use Firefox, so, thats not the problem. But what is a problem, is that I Checked on the DEV team's website that released the software and they do not recommend that you use a PPC to jailbreak the phone, so with that said, I'm a little stuck with what Program I should use any help please contact me.

Oh a couple more questions, can I still keep and update my apps that i've already bought?
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an old mac G4 PPC that I use for my iPod bc I don't want crap on my G5 and I just used redsn0w last nite without a promblem. You're safe.

Yes, I jailbroke with all my apps and music on my iPod and didn't lose a thing. No restore is required.
  3. PurpleRa1n

PurpleRa1n Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should be able to keep your apps through iTunes...no big deal

as for iPhone 3G running 3.0 ...i know purplera1n works on iPhone 3G S, i'm not sure if it will work on iPhone 3G