navizon

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FrankDaTank089, Jan 8, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

Ok, so I understand that this is a GPS program and it was out for the computer long before the touch, but I never used the computer version. So I'm a little confused, how exactly does it work, because I haven't gotten it to work for me yet. Thanks!
  2. Eragon

Eragon New Member

More information at this link:

http://navizon.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/09/a-version-of-na.html
  3. FrankDaTank089

ok, well i have an ipod touch so i would have to use the wifi, but i have tried it at my home back up near Virgina, and now here on my personal wifi network in my dorm at Charlotte nc, and both times, it always comes up whit some kind of message saying "no wifi or cell nods in range" or something like that.
  4. Eragon

Eragon New Member

5. FrankDaTank089

well, i understand how it would triangulate you with cellphone towers, but when you are connected to wifi, you are connected to one source, not moving from one source to another like cell phone towers. and cell phone towers, well, everyone is already sure where they are, because they are built by the large cell providers, but on the other hand, hundreds of people add wifi networks to there home and office everyday.

so how the hell is it suppposed to triangluate you using wifi, when you are getting wifi from one source, and the wifi is your own personal router, not like some well known cell tower that was built by a cell company? im so confused.
  6. lmanrom

lmanrom New Member

I tink is by sending a request to different server and mesuring the time take by each mesage.
  7. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it works..i got the same msg..but i set it to both..then it worked..and i set it back to wifi..and it works fine...its a bit off..like..not right on the noes....and address it says it in degrees..but it works!