Native Japanes Dictionary?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jpfalet, Feb 2, 2009.

1. jpfalet

jpfalet Guest

Ok...It has been quite some time I'm searching for a native japanese dictionary on the app store but I still can't find any...I can see many English <-> Japanese TRANSLATION dictionary, but what I want is a DEFINITION dictionary all in Japanese for the native japanese speaker...I mean no translation....just type in japanese word and it gives you japanese definition...no english words and stuff...

Is there such an app on the app store? Could you give me the name please?

Thank You,

J-P

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sergiogon

sergiogon New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hi there i'm a newbie in learning Japanese and I use "Japanese" available on the Appstore... I think it's very good... at least for me because i'm not a native Japanese speaker...
  3. jpfalet

jpfalet Guest

Japanese is an app for english<-> japanese translation...

I just said I did NOT want a translation app....I just want a native japanese dictionary...NO TRANSLATION!!! ALL JAPANESE DEFINITIONS...is this so hard to understand?

For those who STILL don't get it, take this as an example: You know these Oxford English dictionaries where you can flip the pages and find a word and right below it you will find an english definition? Well imagine that dictionary, but all writen in Japanese! Simple huh?

So...does such an app exist after all?
  4. Sakaban

Sakaban New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try Kotoba! if you type the word say. Sukiyaki.. it will give u info on what the word means in many languages.. however it takes a while for the search to load
  5. jpfalet

jpfalet Guest

hmmm....I will try it...but from the description I doubt it will be what I want....but I did find an app that is a bit closer from what I want....its the Wisdom English/Japanese dictionary.....seems to be made for the native speaker....

any other ideas?
  6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i was gonna sugghest wisdom., but seeing as how you are so angry about ppls replies maybe i wont bother
  7. jpfalet

jpfalet Guest

lol...hehe....your choice...anyways...I think I found a better one than wisdom. Its a complete Japanese to Japanese Dictionary. Its only found on the Japanese Itunes Store, but I don't mind. Its called 大辞林 for all the interested.

Anyways....ty people! (and sorry if I was too angry at ur replies...hehe)

J-P

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I bet if you search the reference category a bit, you'll find one.