Nate True JB vs. Dev Team JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by xxDriveNxx, Jan 27, 2008.

1. xxDriveNxx

xxDriveNxx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, now that they're both out and in the open and we've had the chance to choose, what did you guys go with?

Stay with the earlier Nate True method?
    Or waited/changed to the Dev team?

Personally I'm going to stick with the Nate True until I really have a reason to change. My Touch is working fine with this, though there will probably be problems when the SDK hits.
  2. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I am runnign Nate True's and everything is running smoothly. All of my applications work and all of the iPhone applications are there. All I had to do is patch the Springboard and im good.
  3. apparition

apparition New Member

ive done the 'official' DevTeam JB from a fresh 1.1.1 restore. it went very smoothly (i got the latest fixed versions when i came home) and works fine with the new apps and fixes off touchmaster's repo. excellent work from the community.
  4. zerod07

zerod07 New Member

i completely reformatted and tried to give the various dev methods from repos a try, every one of them got interrupted in the middle( could have been my wifi tho ) but i just decided to go back to nate true's because it actually works for me once i patch the springboard
  5. possiblegurly

possiblegurly New Member

well when 1.1.3 was first announced I used nate trues (1.1.2-1.1.3) kept it for a day.. than I thought wait it doesnt have the apps there must be something wrong with it.. so stupid me I tried redoing it by downgrading to 1.1.1 again blah blah and yeah it wasn't working for me. Finally Ipodtouch master made his tutorial video! Soo I didn't even look at the dev teams yet so I really can't say. All I can say is I am really happy with my new updated ipod touch!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I did them both, and I am on the Dev team one now. To be honest, the nate true one seemed to have my file structure better (Labyrinth and iPhysics don't fully work for me), and it also installed the iphone apps for free. I paid the $20.00 with the dev team method.
  7. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Personally I would go with the Official, because the Nate True jailbreak is not exactly considered to be "Jailbreaking".. Thats why its considered to be a "Soft Upgrade" because it simply tricks your iPod into thinking its an iPhone on 1.1.3 firmware with half of your 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 jailbreak still on it..

8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    nate trues did not work for me. so i just took the 1.1.3 image bin put it in var/root/media and flashed it with the 1.1.3 soft upgrade in installer. then i went to itunes and synced the apps that i payed for and it worked. 1.1.3 ipod no problems at all. all my installer apps worked. every one of them.

then i seen the 1.1.3 jailbreak (DEV TEAM) in installer and thought that would probably be better in the long run. because it used the right firmware. so i restored
    and started that one from scratch and man do i regret it. i finally got every thing working. but it was a pain in the ass.

i liked my way better.
  9. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Eh... I don't really know... Right now im rejailbreaking my ipot because I'm not really a fan of "soft" upgrades(I'm doing dev's method right now).

EDIT: jltdhome's explanation was very enlightening... I don't know who to believe

10. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This is completely wrong, both methods are considered a soft upgrade. The reason why Nate True got kicked out from the Dev team - one he released it early - second his process decrypts the actual firmware. Which some on the Dev team consider illegal. My jailbroken iPod using Nate Trues method is a fully functional 1.1.3. Yes the file structure from 1.1.2 is still there but the same goes for the Dev Teams. You would have to patch the Springboard on both in order to make the ipod think that you paid for the widgets.