iOS 3.1 Nasty Jailbroken bug stops me jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by penfold1992, Feb 17, 2010.

1. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have a ipod "3g" 4g touch with a MC model number. using Blackra1n

i was having the problem of not connecting to my internet it kept saying "wrong passcode" when i was putting the right passcode in... it did this before once but within a day and a router reboot it was fine but this time nothing worked so i thought...
    meh just reboot the ipod and jailbreak it again (as it was tethered being a newer ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

well... i plugged it in and tried to jailbreak and nothing happened so i though awww i have to restore now (to try again).

well with that i updated to 3.1.3 and now i dont get georges screen

it says its sucessful and goes black but thats it

im just wondering if there is any chance in getting it fixed by 2morro?
    if not. when the new jb is out which works with 3.1.3 can i get all my old apps i had back? i had soo many different things to make my ipod look nice that i no longer have now

(my ipod is totally clean!)

thanks in advance
  2. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    First of all, there is no 4G.. Second of all, tell us your GB, if it's 8GB, use my tutorial to downgrade to 3.1.2. And your last question.. Not unless you synced them and backed them up. Anything else?
  3. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol yes sorry 8gb i thought it was 4gb for a second which is where the 4g came from but i apologise for that.
    i didnt back them up as such either but as the last question i guess...

Tethered jailbreak... does that mean every time the thing turns off i have to reinstall everything i had again? or normally is it possible to just i guess "reboot it"

when using blackra1n do i need to worry about that ipsw u refered to in your guide
  4. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No, it's only if you want to pwn it. Tethered means you have to run blackra1n everytime you reboot it.
  5. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    two final questions...

firstly can any1 help with the wifi loosing connection and not being able to reconnect problem (hopefully a solution that doesnt require turning the thing off xD)

2ndly... im assuming its possible to make my own theme but mainly focusing on the main lock page and the slider bar... does any1 know what the image names have to be for both slider and lock page?