Nas- Untitled (Previously called "N*****")

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by redjoker5, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

This is it. Finally a contender to the title of Best Hip Hop Album of all Time. A title held by Nas himself with his classic masterpiece "Illmatic". I have listened to this album over and over again and the message it brings is of utter importance, especially in what is happening in the world and in America today. You don't have to be a hip hop fan to enjoy this, as long as youre an open minded individual who has a clear view of the world around him, you will appreaciate this true masterpiece.

What do you guys think?

Oh and the album was originally named "N*****" so im not being racist or nothing. That was the original title of the album and I refuse to make the name taboo just because corporate america FORCED him to change it.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I understand why "corporate america" would want to change the album name.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm not a fan of hip-hop, but I hear plenty of it.
  3. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

i dont see anything wrong with the name
  4. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There's nothing wrong with the name for the fact that it displays the life an times of a person during slavery when us black people were called "N******" so it displays the true pain and suffering we've come from and so on.
  5. Kevdanclay

Kevdanclay Banned

i love that album... my favorites are
    -Hero
    -Black President
    -Make the world go round
  6. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I realize that, but today it is an inflammatory word, whether you like it or not. If someone were to say it on live TV, there would be plenty of backlash.

I'm not trying to argue or pick fights.

7. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

woah, K.K.Kramer flashback...

8. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

Yeah I know what you mean, but look at it like this. The only reason the word is an inflammatory word is because the media has basically demonized it, and it has made people believe that the word is evil or some sh*t. I mean i understand the origins of the word are wrong and unethical but the context of the word has changed over the times. Now you see even black people calling each other n******, or rather "n****". This is because the word has been used more and more in a totally different context.

The word n***** is synonymous with slavery times. But what's really ironic is that the title of the cd is N***** which is a slavery word yet he talks about our world today. And whether you people see it or not, were ALL slaves. We're slaves to wages, we're slaves to consumerism and materialism, we're slaves to an oppressive economy that profits from the working class while giving nothing back to it. We're slaves to the imperialistic, capitalist war machine, and this...THIS is what Nas tries to tell us and make us realize. It's not about black or white or hispanic. It's about how we're all being oppressed and controlled and yet all society can focus on is petty things like race and gender.

So open your mind, people. Read a book. Get informed.
  9. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

No disrespect to your thread , but mods should close this thread because insted of talking about the CD , these little kids on here are going to focus on the N-Word.

MODS PLEASE , PLEASE , CLOSE THIS THREAD.
  10. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I have to agree.

It's off-topic considering it's in the Music section.

Also inappropriate considering many find the word offensive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.