Name this type of game...

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by ipodmail09, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok i have a video of an app that i want to recreate would any one know how to get the nail falling to the bottom of the screen But i don't know what to search in the documentation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nypftNQ5fuA
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For that "app", it's a UIImageView, just add x to the frames y-value.
  3. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank you but i already new that it has something to do with x and y values but can you name what its called eg: DroppingUIimages
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Search this forum. There's like a hundred examples of this. Either set the y coordinate on a timer, or use a simple UIView animation.
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought he would have been able to draw that from what I posted. Apparently not.

Not everything is going to be done for you.
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The imbecile (ASM) of whom you posted a video of did not code the engine. He only made the horrendous graphics, menu system, etc. In any case, what he is using is updating the positions of the 3 falling objects every 0.01 seconds. It's not using UIViewAnimations, because the frame of the UIImageView is only changing once: to the frame that the UIImageView is being set to after the animation. Using CGRectIntersectsRect (what ASM is using) would not work with UIViewAnimations, unless the center would be set to the next y coordinate (i.e. fallingObject.center.x, fallingObject.center.y + 1).

I have the source code to an early version of that application. It has roughly 90 memory leaks mostly from not releasing sounds.
  7. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks spoon for your reply may you please post the source code because I did it a complete diff way you stated... -.- lol but i have made some progress and made the "Images" fall but they only fall from my start = x and my end = y so they all miss the the left and right side
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Well, there are ways to check while using UIView animations.
  9. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Spoon may you please post/give me the "game engine" just for educational purposes.
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    By educational puposes, you mean so you can steal the code? I doubt he will post it, as crappy as it is, it's not his to post. I've seen the code, you wouldn't learn anything [useful] from it.