NAiDroid2G Installer 0.2a [w GApps/OpeniBoot]

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by nitestarzz, May 26, 2010.

1. nitestarzz

nitestarzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    So what does NAiDroid2G Installer means?
    > It means Nitestarzz Automated iDroid Installer for iPhone 2G
    > If you are using a old version of NAiDroid2G Installer, Please delete everything before using the most current release.
    > All old release will not function correctly if you are not using the latest installer script. (As installation packages are updated.)

Release Notes, as of NAiDroid2G-31052010_0200.tar.gz every procedure is fully automated
    > 3rd June 2010 [NAiDroid2G-03062010_1045.tar.gz] (NAiDroid2G-02062010_2150.tar.gz doesn't contain other function, this release include them back, sorry!)
    > 2nd June 2010 [NAiDroid2G-02062010_2150.tar.gz] (Fixed a bug when choose not to install OpeniBoot, script still waits for iPhone to enter RECOVERY MODE)
    > 1st June 2010 [Installer script not updated] (Added alex's latest kernel v0.3, which includes ddominator's touchscreen fix and slight speed increase)
    > 31st May 2010 [NAiDroid2G-31052010_0200.tar.gz] (Added automatic entering of Recovery Mode, You don't need to manually put iPhone into RECOVERY MODE)
    > 26th May 2010 [NAiDroid2G-26052010_2015.tar.gz] (Added automated OpeniBoot Installation, Except you have to manually put the iPhone into RECOVERY MODE)
    > 25th May 2010 [NAiDroid2G-25052010_1615.tar.gz] (Added Stable GApps installation, linking SD card to /private/var/mobile/Media/)
    > 24th May 2010 [NAiDroid2G-24052010_0730.tar.gz] (Updated for pb's 0.2 release, remove GApps installation until further notice)
    > 20th May 2010 [NAiDroid2G-20052010_1125.tar.gz] (Fixed sequence error while trying to retrieve iPhone.mtprops )
    > 20th May 2010 [NAiDroid2G-20052010_2105.tar.gz] (Fixed file path for Sn0wbreeze jailbreak directory for iPhone.mtprops)
    > 20th May 2010 [NAiDroid2G.tar.gz] (Initial Release)

What can NAiDroid2G Installer 0.2 do for you?
    > Installing of OpeniBoot (Automated)
    > Wifi firmware files are downloaded via Marvell Website (Automated)
    > Multitouch firmware files are created from your own iPhone (Automated)
    > Custom packaged 0.2 (Rooted,SD Emulation,Backlight,DNS Fix) (Automated)
    > It will help you create/download the require files and upload it to your iPhone 2G. (Automated)

SD Card emulation are now mounted in the iPhone's directory (/private/var/mobile/Media/)
    > Meaning to say, you will have the full capacity of your iPhone as the SD card. (Not sure about 16gb model, i'm on 8gb model)
    > Upload music/photos via iTunes from iPhone OS
    > Next boot into Android > Dev Tools > Media Scanner
    > After scanning has finished, Open up Terminal Emulator
    > In terminal type in "su" (Without the quotes)
    > In terminal type in "sh afix_lib.sh" (Without the quotes) [This will fixed the multiple listing of a single album]

What platform is it created for?
    > Sadly, it's only created for linux, and tested on uBuntu 9.10

What is required?
    > All you need to do is, install Apt 0.7 Strict & OpenSSH on your iPhone 2G!
    > Download the installer .tar.gz file.

How to use ...
    1. Extract the installer from the .tar.gz, there should be 3 files(install.sh, firmware-extractor & firmware-extractor.c) and place them your Desktop
    2. Open terminal, "cd Desktop", You must cd to the path of of the 3 files you have extracted to
    3. Running the script, "sudo sh install.sh"
    4. You will be prompted with 5 questions
    >>> Please enter iPhone's IP Address: [Your iPhone Wifi IP Address]
    >>> Please enter SSH password (ENTER for default 'alpine'): [The root password for your iPhone]
    >>> Do you want to install OpeniBoot?([y]es or [n]o, default n): [If you want to install OpeniBoot to your iPhone]
    >>> If you already currently have OpeniBoot installed. Please answer NO
    >>> Do you want to install GApps?([y]es or [n]o, default n): [If you want to include GApps into iDroid]
    >>> Do you want to delete all downloaded and created files?([y]es or [n]o, default n): [If you want to delete all downloaded & created files after completion]
    5. Answer all the question and go grab a coffee.
    6. If you answer "YES" for openiboot installation:
    >>> iPhone will automatically go into RECOVERY MODE, Script will detect when the iPhone is in RECOVERY MODE and install OpeniBoot automatic.
    >>> [NOTE] If you are using VirtualBox, Please remember to manually select the iPhone Recovery Device in USB Device, if not the script cannot detect the iPhone.
    7. When u see the OpeniBoot menu, Boot up into Android
    >>> You shall see the setup wizard after you unlock (First boot will be quite lag and slow, Please be patient).

Welcome to iPhone
    > Tap the "Android Logo"

Learn how to use your iPhone
    > Tap "SKIP"

Set up your Google Account
    > Tap "SKIP"

Use Google location
    > Up to you and Tap "Next"

Date and time settings
    > Up to you and Tap "Next"

Go setup your wifi and make sure there is an internet connection
    Open up Gmail/GoogleTalk/Market
    You will see the setup wizard again, complete the wizard and let it verify your account.
    After that you should be able to run Market, this should fix all the G App that is in the OS.

FAQs (I will list down problem and solution here as we move on)
    > If you are getting stucked @ radio: reading baseband nvram... done
    Code:
    Try to recreate the firmware by re-executing the script
    > If you are getting this error from my installer "[ERROR: APT0.7-1] Install 'Apt 0.7 Strict' on your iPhone 2G using Cydia!"
    > And you think/know you have already installed APT 0.7 Strict
    Code:
    Get into Cydia > Manage > Settings > Tap on Hacker +, then go to search Apt 0.7 Strict
    If there is no green tick beside means it is not install, else report back here and I will try solving with you.
    > If you are getting stucked any error in iDroid with the option "Force Close" & "Wait"
    Code:
    Please always choose "Wait", Choose "Force Close" only if you got no other choice.
    This occurs when iDroid is lagging, give it some time to finish what it is doing
    > If you need to shutdown from Android, you cannot do that except you can only reboot into iPhone OS and Power Off from there.
    Code:
    Go to Dev Tools>Terminal Emulator
    "su"
    "reboot"
    > Help! I can't adb over wifi, what is wrong?
    Code:
    adb over wifi is broken currently in this version, so please look into adb over usb in the wiki
    > If you choose to install Openiboot automatically and somehow your iPhone is stuck in RECOVERY MODE, after the OpeniBoot installation portion.
    Code:
    Re-Execute the script with the flag -oibinstall, Example "sudo sh install.sh -oibinstall"
    The above command will only execute the Openiboot Installation, bypassing the other script
    Credits
    #Installation script based on succa_installer.sh by scognito(iDroid Forum)
    #Firmware Extract by Lembacon(http://lembacon.com/2010/04/22/obtain-multitouch-firmware/)
    #Kernel image by alex (http://www.idroidproject.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=490)
    #iDroid 0.2 release by planetbeing
    #Custom OpeniBoot for automated OpeniBoot installation
    #Custom packaged 0.2 (Rooted,SD Emulation,Backlight,DNS Fix)
    #Scripted by me(nitestarzz)(iDroid Forum)

Attached Files:

2. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds awesome

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any chance on getting this made for the iPod Touch 1g as well?
  3. nitestarzz

nitestarzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Latest version, NAiDroid2G-31052010_0200.tar.gz, automatic enter of recovery mode during installation of openiboot
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Pretty cool. Makes me want to take my dad's iPhone and try it out. Lol.
  5. VRmagician

VRmagician New Member

Great work!!!
    Could it possible to port 2.0 in your NAiDroid2G?
  6. Shifat

Shifat New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    will this work with the ipod touch 1g?
  7. VJaMaLW

VJaMaLW New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    has someone tried it on a ipod 1G?
  8. cooldued59

cooldued59 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It doesn't work because it requires the iphone.mtprops file instead of the iPod's ipod.mtprops file. I tried renaming it however i still get:

Code:
    -e [ERROR: ZEMPTY-0] zephyr_main.bin or zephyr_aspeed.bin not found/empty!
    -e Retrying of multitouch extraction using iPod.mtprops
    -e Trying /private/var/stash/share/firmware/multitouch/iPod.mtprops
    scp: /private/var/stash/share/firmware/multitouch/iPod.mtprops: No such file or directory
    -e [ERROR: MTPROPS1-1] Error transfering /private/var/stash/share/firmware/multitouch/iPod.mtprops!
    -e Trying /private/var/stash/share.*/firmware/multitouch/iPod.mtprops
    -e Transfering of iPod.mtprops successful ...
    -e Extracting from iPod.mtprops
     ... Please wait [This process may take up to several minutes]
    Segmentation fault
    -e [ERROR: ZEMPTY2-0] zephyr_main.bin or zephyr_aspeed.bin not found/empty!
    -e [ERROR: ZEMPTY2-0] Unable to create multitouch firmware, Script Aborted

What I had made though is an autoinstaller for googleapps (AKA the legit/legal way). I will post it if someone needs it, however I need the does and don't of what I can post and what I can't.
  9. droid_junkie

droid_junkie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just post it, if they tell you to take it down, then take it down.
  10. blakhle

blakhle New Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I tried this on my iPod Touch 2G (3.1.2) while running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and for APT 0.7 Strict, I opened Cydia and searched for "APT". Then I installed a package that included APT 0.7 Strict. For the iPhone.mtprops file, I downloaded it and ssh'ed it to the correct folder without deleting the iPod.mtprops. After making these file changes, the script successfully completed, although my iPod never showed the openiboot menu, it stuck in recovery mode. Just thought I'd share and see if this helped anyone out with development or anything else.