N88AP.plist and App Animations

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rykah, Oct 15, 2010.

1. rykah

rykah Member

I'm not too fond of app animations. It's just more delay time between when I want to open something and I can run it, and with my ADHD it's kinda tough to remember what I was going to do after waiting for it to open (serious about this).

I was scrolling through my N88AP.plist a second ago, and I found this.

<key>launch-applications-while-animating</key>
    <true/>

Does this mean if I reverse the Boolean value, it won't animate it? Or will it not load the app or something?
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try it and report back. Just make a backup and you should be fine.
  3. rykah

rykah Member

Actually, I was going to turn on SSH beforehand, since it works even during a crash loop. Just reverse the change(s) and it pops itself out of the loop.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll try it and report back.
  4. rykah

rykah Member

Just edited the plist. Passcode locks, etc. work. All it does is darken apps when they're tapped, and that's it. Won't load any apps, even through Activator. Apps will open a la SBsetting's dock, and they're animated.

Good thing I left iFile in the SBsettings dock, I can edit it back without SSH.

EDIT: As soon as I opened iFile through SBsettings, apps functioned as normal (tappable in SpringBoard to open and etc.).

EDIT 2: A respring after the value was changed made no difference, still untappable apps. Either I changed the wrong thing or this is a value you shouldn't mess with. (and I didn't edit the wrong thing, just checked a la SSH)

Wow, this sucks. Even a reboot didn't fix this.

MAJOR EDIT: Nevermind. I used SupremePreferences 3 to make it so my device wasn't locked after resprings, and recently added a passcode lock. Unlocking the device made apps work again. -.-
    I'm going to try this again with the passcode off.

Final edit to this freaking post:

This is actually a good thing to turn off if you want your device to look more professional and don't mind a second or two's worth of wait time (3G users, perking your ears up yet? lol ). It doesn't load up the entire app in the 1 second of animation, but instead takes 1.5 after the animation.
  5. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  6. rykah

rykah Member

Nope, it's safe. It was a mistake on my part. ^^;
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Rykah, as you mentioned, this will not make apps launch more quickly. The animation doesn't slow things down (well, technically it does -- thread/process scheduling, etc. -- but the difference should be negligible.
  8. rykah

rykah Member

It's not negligible on my end. Apps are almost 2x faster, minus the time between app animation and app startup.

9. What is the key we would use and will it work on the 3G?
  10. kozlowski

kozlowski New Member

There is no such key in 3G.
    A little bit afraid to use it, because once i used 3GS's Auto-Focus-Camera key on 3G and it f**** up :|

Anyone brave enough?