N45AP.plist

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by darryl_marshall, Oct 16, 2007.

1. darryl_marshall

darryl_marshall New Member

HI there just curious to know I have jailbroken my Ipod all is fine eveything works, i have not installed summerboard as still to me looks bit complicated nut I have just noticed the N45AP.plist file i have not replaced is this an issue as everything works?
  2. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

a little confused, whats the question?
  3. darryl_marshall

darryl_marshall New Member

my question is do i have to replace this file if everything works

whats the benefit of replacing this file
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You don't have to replace that file at all. The main thing stored in that file is the order in which icons are displayed. Editing it and replacing it will only change the order of your apps on the screen.

Of course, I also use my N45AP.plist file to hide just about half of my apps that I don't want taking up space on my SpringBoard.

The main reason you'll want to replace that file, even if you aren't planning on changing the order of the apps is because in that file lies the secret to enabling all the calendar features.
  5. topflyboy

topflyboy New Member

even with that file installed I still don't dee the 'edit' function

I changed the file permission to 755 and all, any ideas why I still can't see the edit function ?

all the rest works just fine
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

What? Do you mean edit on the Calendar? It's a little plus sign on the top right side of the screen in Calendar.

But to get that you do need to add two lines of code to the existing N45AP.plist file.

Or, do you mean the actual editing of the file? If that is the case, then just use your preferred text editor, the file is just a simple XML file. I like Notepad. Note you may need to decode it first.
  7. kermit

kermit New Member

The Installer.app will fix the Calendar for you. It is called "Touch Calendar Fix" in the list.

Don