iPhone 3GS MyWi 4.0 and iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KoldFeit, Jun 29, 2010.

1. KoldFeit

KoldFeit Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright this is getting a little silly, I had MyWi 3 and it worked wonders, but 4.0 came out and it supports tethering from iPhones WiFi wich is the reason I upgraded I turn on WyWi USB bridged to WiFi my Mac gets the IP address but It doesn't load any web pages. I really thought this was going to be simple but I cannot make it work to save my life anybody out there go it working? Any thoughts or recommendations?

Attached Files:

2. KoldFeit

KoldFeit Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright nevermind apparently I had to turn Tethering off in Settings/network for this to work. I'm not sure if this was the actual issue but I got it to work somehow.
  3. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    anyone notice a bug? when i tether i find that i cant use my iphone because the touch screen is halve working, its weird and i have to respring every time which is a pain since only halve the screen works! I am on trial now, and im using PDAnet till then, im pissed that we still have to pay for 4.0 if we bought it in 3.0, im not paying for it I have other ideas for what im going to do, but till then PDANet isnt too bad. I like mywi because i get native tethering and a cool blue bar, i dont use the wifi tethering too much on mine.
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Do we have to sign up with AT&T to use MyWi?

I know you can buy it without AT&T, but does it tether with Wi-Fi and USB nicely?
  5. KoldFeit

KoldFeit Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No you dont have to sign up with AT&T. But if you have the limited data plan I would use it carefully and yes it works perfectly (for me now

Please Register or Log in to view images

) plus all iphones and iPads get free AT&T wifi in thousands of locations which you can share with your computer now Thanks to these guys. I love MyWi!
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It is indeed a great little app... but it's a pity the dev believes current users should pay another $10 for the new version and will be willing to install Rock for the privilege...
  7. KoldFeit

KoldFeit Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Trust me I thought about for two days until I finally gave in. The WiFi to USB is what got me. I'm so weak!

Please Register or Log in to view images