mystory about my iPhone 3g...Must read

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by r2boster, Apr 18, 2009.

1. r2boster

r2boster Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    so one day i decided to go see twilight with some work buddies, i didn't have a ride so i asked for one. little did i know my iPhone 3g slipped out of my pocket onto the ground outside without my knowledge. that night i realized its missing. i went back to the movie theater only to find out they didn't have it, the parking lot didn't have it, this all happened because i took my grip case off of it. now today, 5 months later and a new phone, the samsung eternity, nice but no iPhone. well today i found it, it was outside in my dried up puddle for about 5 months now. i was hangin with the neighbors and family we had a little gathering between yards. and i look down and i see something shiny, i walk over and say oh look what i found. and picked up a very disgusting iPhone 3g. the case is cracked, the back is scratched, its loaded with dirt, and probably water damage. after all it was outside for all of winter and lots of ice and rain. after i get m camera back from my friends i will post pictures and you can see what attrociteies had happened. this all took place in my driveway, so it was probably ran over thousands of times by now. What fun. but now im not mad, but i do want it repaired. do any of you know where i can get it repaired/replaced. i am willing to pay up to 250$ because legit thats all i have.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ask Apple, they might be able to do something about it.

Unless it's damaged WAAYYY beyond repair, you'll be paying for a new one.
    Your profile says you have an 8GB 3G... That's only $200.
    You can buy a new one with $250 easily.
  3. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    $250 I don't think it will be that cheap. $200 for the iPhone 8GB is with a $200 AT&T discount because you are signing a 2 year contract. Look on eBay the prices are high. Your iPhone is most likely damaged beyond repair. eBay it. Oh and you might want to gt the new iPhone due out this summer.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I had a friend drop her 2G in the driveway (concrete) where it got snowed on for about four hours; another friend came over and saw it on his way out (ran it over twice with his truck).

She is still using the phone and it didn't seem to phase it. Silicone case and the snow seemed to help cushion the pressure but needless to say I was surprised it was not broken.
  5. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  6. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You have to 250$? You only need like 100-150$ more for a used 8GB 3G (350$-400).

So just sell the broken one, (You probably can get 100$ out of it if you clean it) and get 50$ more bucks.
  7. j0sh818

j0sh818 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    or you could just buy the refurb iPhone 3g at the att.com website for $99.00
  8. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

As long as you are a new customer and want to do a two year contract!