mystery 2.08 GB on iPod!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wilsh118, Oct 7, 2007.

1. wilsh118

wilsh118 New Member

has anyone lelse had or knows how to fix my peoblem,

on itunes when I am syincing , at the bottom where it says what takes up what memory it lists an extra 2.08 gb is on it listed umder the other catergory. I checked everything and nothing visible takes up that.

Ps sorry about crap spelling, I'm on the touch at the moment

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try to restore your iPod by using that lower button and see if new downloaded firmware will clear that for you. If not, your best bet is probably to contact Apple and ask them what's up with that...
  3. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    what might be happening is what happens sometimes with the ipod videos is that it copies the music on twice, once regular and once in other, so first try restoring it, and if that doesnt help, yeah i would suggest you return it to apple.

Cheers,
    Ben.

P.S. you might have cool files on it.
  4. theclueless

theclueless New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    mostly it is due to sync error on some files. same thing happened to me when i tried to sync a bunch of video clips to the touch; when it is almost done, it gave me a sync error saying the device is not connected. after i restart itune, i got a mysterious 1.8gb under "Other" on the capacity bar (total size of the video clips is 2gb). all i did was go to the movie tab, sync the movie to a blank folder which will erase all of your movies and videos currently in your touch, cleared the not so "mysterious" space.