Mysteriously Freed Up Memory

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Will Finlay, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hey guys, seeing as my mac is away for inspection i am using my brothers laptop running Windows 7 ultimate. He has never been good at clearing up space so his hard drive is constantly in the red zone but, about 10 minutes ago i realized that there is now 15GB more space free than there was before. I have not uninstalled, Deleted or done anything otherwise to free up the space and nothing is running that will have this effect. any ideas why this has happened?

Cheers. Will
  2. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    compressed folders? maybe emptied the Recycling Bin? Hard to say really, ...
  3. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Probably a bunch of restore points got deleted.
  4. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    cheers guys, doesnt seem like anything has changed that i have noticed.
  5. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Any of the things that have been mentioned would go unnoticed.

If all of your info is still there, then it must be one of those background things. Recycle bin, Compress folders, Restore Points deleted etc etc. I'm sure there are more things that it may be.

If it's bothering you that bad, you could try to go to Event Viewer or Task Scheduler, and see if something pops up there. Right Click 'My Computer' go to 'Manage' and they are there