Mysterious passcode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yogii, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Yogii

Yogii New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HELP, getting PO'd. I turned on my Touch this morning and was asked for a passcode. I have never turned passcode on so I'm not sure why this happened. From what I read if you restore to factory settings and sync, you'll reset the passcode. After many attempts it didn't work. At the factory setting I can get into all the default applications. I set the wireless and could get on the internet.
    After I sync (restore) my songs, podcasts and apps I get the passcode screen again and can't do anything.
    Obviously this is my Touch attached to my computer and the ITunes I've been using for 2 years.
    Any suggestions?
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You sure you didn't steal it?
  3. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you, infact, steal it?
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    when it asks you if you want to restore from a backup, try creating a new one instead of using an old one
    it might be transferring your old settings over
  5. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No offense, you just joined, and this is you're first post. I'm guessing you stole it but I cannot prove anything. And unlike the first post I will be kind enough to help!

http://tinyurl.com/ldrqrj

Follow one or two of the many helpful guides, and I hope you did not steal this or I will be very sorry for helping you.

EDIT: I haz ben NINJA'D!
  6. Yogii

Yogii New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I understand your concern. Anything I can do that would prove to you it's mine and not stolen?
  7. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, unfortunately there is nothing. There has been many threads like this and it turned out they had stolen it. So everyone is wondering why a first time poster and someone who just joined posted a thread about a "Mysterious Passcode". It's very suspicious to be honest.
  8. Yogii

Yogii New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Passcode

Well let's try it this way. Is there something in my restored files that would put a passcode on my touch? I did the DFU (I think that's the right term) and when I sync my apps, songs etc back on is when the passcode comes back. My primary app is a diet log for diabetes. I'm assuming I've lost the data for the last 2 weeks. Plus the other apps I've paid for that at this point are useless.

And as far as being "new" this is the first problem I've had, therefore reaching out for help were ever I can find it. I'm relunctent to use the Apple "one time incident" for $29 or whatever it is for fear of wasting money.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also, it's mysterious because I've never enabled the passcode and yesterday everything was fine and this morning it wants a passcode.
  9. eg0tism

eg0tism New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I reckon you stole it, lol.
    It doesn't just randomly come up like that.

The chances of that happening are so slim.
    Anyway, just DFU + Restore.
  10. Yogii

Yogii New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did a DFU on touch. Deleted some old movies, songs and podcasts from ITunes. Restored songs only - no passcode. Restored apps individually - no passcode.
    So, eg0tism, there must have been a file turning on the passcode, or at least that's what it seems like.

BTW, I bought this touch new about a year and a half ago, not stolen - but I really don't care what you think about that.

Anyway, thanks for all the NON-help.

Yogii - out