MySiri Public Beta Now Available!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ValleyForge, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Important: Due to two users experiencing their iPad 2 entering Recovery Mode and having to restore after installing MySiri, I'm going to warn that you don't install it on your iPad 2 unless you have SHSH blobs for both iOS 6.1.x and 4.x (which means you can re-restore). If you do have an iPad 2 with these SHSH blobs, please notify us by posting here so we can do some testing and resolve the problem!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donations: If you'd like to donate to the MySiri team to support us and help pay for expenses, please do so here:
    http://donate.mysiri.me/
    We would greatly appreciate it if you donated, especially since currently the premium server is free for beta testers, meaning we don't receive anything in any other way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySiri is a Siri installer for iOS 6.1-6.1.3 for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 4, and iPad 2.
    It is the first legal one since Spire, and the only legal one for any iOS version other than 5.0.x.
    The MySiri team consists of myself, ale624, and Nahum365. Today we are officially announcing it and releasing a beta for the iFans community to test! If you would like to participate (please do), add the MySiri repo to Cydia and download the MySiri package:

http://mysiri.me/repo

Our site is http://mysiri.me but is not yet finalized (you may have noticed the "It's coming." link in our sigs

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

This beta includes access to both the free Google API server and the premium proxy server (free during the beta period). There is a way to switch in Settings and we would appreciate it if you would try both servers and report bugs. For Siri to work with the MySiri servers, you must install the certificate (opened when you choose Premium or Free in settings).

Note that over 300MB will be downloaded during installation, and although it does not yet ask you to reboot after installing from Cydia, rebooting is required for it to work. Configure settings in Settings.app > MySiri. Also, after you change the server type, you will need to respring to complete the change.

As soon as you install it, please report back with your device and iOS version and let us know how it went (we want to know which devices and iOS versions it is known to work on!).
    Currently verified on:
    • iPhone 4 iOS 6.1
    • iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.2
    • iPod touch 4 iOS 6.1
    • iPod touch 4 iOS 6.1.2
    Current MySiri package version: 0.1.4. Updates with changelogs will be posted here.
    0.0.1: Initial shipment.
    0.0.2: Fixed two bugs that caused server type and the assistant plist to not be updated (basically the whole server connection to not work).
    0.0.3: Improved the way the scripts work.
    0.0.4: Removed iPad conflict.
    0.0.5: Added exit codes that actually mean something (tell us which it is if you get one).
    0.0.6: Fixed printing and more exit code problems...
    0.0.7: Fixed printing for real this time

0.0.8: Working out bugs...
    0.0.9: Finally fixed edit codes.
    0.0.10: Fixed remover displaying messages on a failed install.
    0.0.11: Added credits.
    0.0.12: Working out bugs...
    0.1: Fixed dependencies and error 133, and refactored code.
    0.1.1: Updated some printed messages during install/remove.
    0.1.2: Hopefully fixed iPad 2 Recovery Mode problem. Didn't (read above).
    0.1.3: Fixed the problem which prevented assistantd from starting
    0.1.4: Fixed permissions which randomly broke a few days ago (Apple?)

If you have any questions or comments or feedback of any kind, it is welcome

Please note that it not thoroughly tested (the purpose of this thread) and is bound to have bugs; please report any and all bugs here. You can contact me most immediately by Skype (my Skype name is valley-forge) and you can email the MySiri team at support@mysiri.me. The primary place for bug reports and support is this thread so that others may also be helped.

Current known bugs:
    • Dictation doesn't work (I know why and fixing ASAP)
    • Location services don't work (currently trying to that out)
    • Causes iPad 2 to enter Recovery Mode (see above)
    We take no responsibility for any problems or adverse effects that you may experience as a result of using MySiri, however I will provide personal support to the best of my abilities (and there's really no way any permanent damage can be caused to your device). Also, it would be wise to back up your device and your SHSH blobs before using it (just in case, although you should have done these anyway).

Steqheu, I would prefer that this not go to the FP just yet (it's not tested quite enough).

Instructions for submitting logs to help me debug:
    If you have an error while installing from Cydia:
    Take a screenshot of Cydia (which should show the error message) and upload it here.
    If you have successfully installed MySiri yet experience unexpected results (i.e. Siri doesn't respond/doesn't make the "dudu" sound/crashes SpringBoard):
    First, SSH a terminal and type:
    dpkg -l > /var/mobile/packages.txt
    And then copy /var/mobile/packages.txt to your computer. For the next part you have to have "syslog to /var/log/syslog" installed from Cydia. Then delete /var/log/syslog, then reboot, then try and use Siri, let it finish whatever it decides to do, and then copy the new /var/log/syslog to your computer. Zip those two files (packages.txt and syslog) and upload the zip here.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. Steqheu

Steqheu Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Awesome, totally stoked to see what comes of this.
    ale624, Nahum365 and ValleyForge like this.
  3. Aarix

Aarix Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Can I get your autograph someday VF?
    ValleyForge and Xerox like this.
  4. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Lol...we'll see.

After much testing and troubleshooting, we have identified and resolved an issue with the preference bundle and injector which caused the server type not to be changed. Version 0.0.2 is out now.
    Aarix likes this.
  5. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    This is great! Keep up the good work. Many people will be happy!

ale624, Nahum365 and ValleyForge like this.
  6. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So basically this just connects a Siri clone to a Siri Proxy server?
  7. Nahum365

Nahum365 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    No? It downloads the authentic Siri files from Apple and installs it on device. The MySiri servers are just an option, you can also choose your proxy host.
  8. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It downloads and installs native Siri onto the device and connects to our Google API, or our premium Siri Proxy server, or a custom server of your choice.
  9. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I thought it was illegal to distribute Siri files though 0.o
  10. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    We're not distributing Siri files. MySiri downloads them onto the device directly from Apple.
    Zyiros likes this.