My WinPwn experience

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by cbyrlee, Apr 21, 2008.

1. cbyrlee

cbyrlee New Member

The only thing different than normal jailbreak was the boot screen. It is really cool change, but worth the restore? Thats for you to decide. The idea is cool, and I see how it could go far. Right now it adds installer and new boot logo to the actual firmware, so it creates a custom firmware on your PC that has these features built in, and you do a normal restore through iTunes and just select the custom firmware you create with winpwn. I could see it going places with the ability to add apps, sources, things like that. So maybe in the future, you can create a custom firmware that once loaded, already has your favorite apps and sources built into the firmware and are installed as part of the pwn, or jailbreak process.
    Oh yeah, the PWN process isnt too long of a wait, but creating the custom firmware takes forever. Be patient.
    I also had a hard time getting Customize 2.0 working. Everything is working perfectly now. Im not messing with the 2.0 firmware until its official. (And having apps that work with it would be nice....duuuuh)

I LOVE MY IPOD TOUCH
  2. OpTiX

OpTiX New Member

sounds nice, im thinking of pwning tomorow or tnight idk. i might wait for an update and do 2.0 but im not sure how well it will work. only the future can tell.
  3. harout01

harout01 New Member

Its not only a boot logo and installer your makinga custome ipsw thats the whole point so what right know its only those tow things, its all in your hands use your head and you could do more.