My Wii's screwed

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Led, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Led

Led Banned

I recently moved my Wii into the playroom where it would get more use from my brother and noticed how annoying these black static lines that had been on there were. About a month or two after i got my wii (the Christmas after launch) i noticed these thin black lines on the screen. I emailed nintendo and they said it was a problem with my televsion/cables and ultimately turned it down. I did a quick google search and learned that it has been diagnosed as an issue with overheating and if you send it in you can get your wii fixed or get a new one. I called and explained my situation to a customer service rep, and she it would cost $75 since my Wii is out of warrenty

Please Register or Log in to view images

mad

. I explained that I had called during my warrenty and was turned away because i was given wrong information and now i have to pay, and she still said that i couldn't get it fixed for free.

So yea i'm furious. Any Ideas? I might call back later and try to get a different representative who'd be nicer. Someone there has to have a heart, right?

P.S. Lets try not to start a console war. Each console has it's pros and cons and i'm more of a PC/360 guy, but i'm just trying to get a $250 piece of technology fixed.
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

hmmm... just buy a new one. ive never heard of that problem.
  3. Led

Led Banned

I'd rather just pay the $75
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Is it still possible to play games?
  5. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

then pay the $75. i wouldnt care about the lines if i owned a wii.
  6. Led

Led Banned

Oh yea, it plays games fine. The wii's fully functional and there's nothing wrong with it except for those black lines. It's not a big issue yet but i want to get it fixed in case it gets worse.
  7. IT_Kid

IT_Kid Banned

If you're turned down and eventually have to go towards purchasing a new one. I'll sell you mine with a a few games, a wireless sensor bar, wii zapper and GH3 with the guitar.

I'll be fair with the price too.