My WiFi SUCKS!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Corsairkid, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, when I first got my Touch, the wifi was great. It was very fast and responsive. Now when I try to use it, it just loads and loads and loads...... It never seems to finish loading a page. The only site that I seem to have mild success with is google. Any other site, and all I get is a load with no end. This has been most noticeable after I updated to 1.1.1. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, I did completely restore it once, but that did not solve anything. Any suggestions?
  2. djricekcn

djricekcn New Member

dumb question, but have you made sure no one else is not using the line and/or you're not downloading/uploading other items?
  3. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I am on my laptop connected to the wireless, but this has never been a problem before. I just don't understand how it went from working great one day to not working at all. BTW, I heard from another forum that cordless phones higher than 2.8ghz will interfere. Anyone else heard this? We have some 5.8s in our house.
  4. djricekcn

djricekcn New Member

It never intefered with my WiFi, but the cordless phone has intefered with my PS3 blutooth connectivity even though people have said it has nothing to do with it. However I moved the phone else where and it was fine, moved it back and started desyncing on me again, moved it away and started working correctly again.

It's worth a shot
  5. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea I might do that. Although, the phones are no where near my touch or the wireless box.
  6. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

Wifi Used 2.4ghz, If your phone is 2.4 as well it causes problems, the higher 5.8s will NOT.
    Bluetooth is also 2.4 so again, same problems. BT and WiFi together (ps3) as well as a phone, and you get lots of issues. The phone is the worst as it doesnt respect other devices. BT is very good at not causing problems.
    btw, a normal microwave oven ALSO emits rf at 2.4ghz.
  7. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

Hey Corsairkid, just wondering if you got you're wifi working okay. If not, I had a similar problem, so I changed the DNS settings. settings, wifi, blue arrow next to the network you're connected to, dns, and change the ip address to 208.67.222.222, hope that helps http://www.ifans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
  8. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

you suck, not the wifi.....
  9. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Dude shut up and leave him alone.
    Keep talking like that and i will see that you are banned.
    Leave the poor guy alone, he actually has a life (not talking to everyone just the one in the post above)and dont know about all that stuff.
  10. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so it is NOT the cordless phones. I do have an LG Chocolate cell phone. Maybe that is what is doing it then? B/C it is bluetooth enabled.

I will give this a shot and let everone know.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Just ignore the chick, she will get bored and leave soon. Every forum has one or two of those people.