My wifi keeps disconnecting / jailbreak 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by renski, Mar 10, 2008.

1. renski

renski New Member

hi, I've just done an upgrade to 1.1.4 using ipodtouchmaster source thing... all went well. The problem I'm having since upgrading it won't stay connected to wifi.

I go into wifi, connect to my wifi network, then back to the main menu and the wifi drops out straight away. Whenever I go into any applications it doesn't attempt to connect to the wifi either.

I'm using an ad hoc setup with my XP laptop and sharing the internet, so it's not the ideal setup... it is possible its my ad hoc setup causing the problem but I wasn't having these problems on 1.1.2
  2. GoodTouch

GoodTouch New Member

Hey, Im having the disconnect problem too. Im using a Linksys router, and it was also failing to connect at my router at work and its a dlink. Both times it asks for the password connects for about a minute and you can go to a webpage then disconnects and requires the password again. This started today and i cant help but think that its related to the 1.1.4 update.
    Anyone got any fix ideas?
  3. martinchecim

martinchecim New Member

I'm have the same problem. I'm using an ad hoc setup with my XP but the same thing happend when I use my linksys router. I've just done the same upgrade to 1.1.4 using ipodtouchmaster source.
    Any idea to fix it?
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

On your Ipod go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

I had to do this alot on holiday while running the worst ad hoc effort possible, most of the time it claimed it could not connect but still held the connection, as long as I went into the app that needed wifi with no wifi connected and then selected the adhoc on request. As soon as I left the app it dropped the adhoc connection and I had to reset network settings again before I could do the same in the next app.
  5. martinchecim

martinchecim New Member

Thanks Rob,

But doing this once you fixed it? Or you need to follow the same procedure (On your Ipod go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) each time that you connect via wifi?
    While I asking you I'm restoring to 1.1.4 again. :S
  6. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

I have noticed my wifi being a bit more crappier than when I was on 1.1.2. So far no solutions in fixing this, but will definitely try out resetting network settings.
  7. martinchecim

martinchecim New Member

I've just tried restoring 1.1.4 using iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw (And without Jailbreak my ipod), and only applying the firmware my wifi doesn't work properly.
    I can connect to my wifi network while I be in Wifi settings, but when I come back to the main menu the wifi drops out straight away. Whenever I go into any applications it doesn't attempt to connect to the wifi either. BTW, I don't know why I can downgrade to 1.1.1.
  8. martinchecim

martinchecim New Member

Rob, could you use the Installer while you were selecting the adhoc on request?
  9. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Yea, but using the same system. To be fair I think I made a hash of the windows side of the adhoc rather then blaming the Ipod, the 1.1.4 firmware I am on with Ziphone connects to WiFi hotspots no problem and holds the connection fine, it was just the adhoc wifi I used by channeling my ethernet broadband I had on holiday through my laptop wifi so my Ipod Touch could get it that kept dumping the connection. It was the same on the 1.1.3 softbreak I started with and then 1.1.4 Ziphone jb I ended up with.

For installer I had to Reset Networking Settings (which also hard boots your ipod), then browse to installer, it would then pop up to ask me to choose a wifi connection and I selected my adhoc one. It would then say it could not connect, but if I cancelled it a few times it would show the wifi bars and let me install from installer!
  10. pamparius

pamparius New Member

hmm i dont have this problem on 1.1.4, but i notice that the wifi signal is a bit unstable sometimes after i open and close safari, even I am in the same room with the router, but after a few seconds it goes back to full signal, it never happens before in 1.1.3 or 1.1.1 jailbreakd i always got full signal even if i open and restart safari many times... but it's still ok for me as long as the wifi still connected....