My WiFi Issues...no help from searching the forums

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by candypaint, May 9, 2010.

1. candypaint

candypaint New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey everyone, I was hoping I wouldn't have to create an account to post up my issue, but here I am. I've been searching for a solution for a while now and have found nothing.

My roommate and myself both have an iPhone 3G. Mine is jailbroken, his isn't. Both of ours have been UNABLE to connect to our WiFi at the house for the past couple of months even though we were able to in the past. We CAN connect everywhere else like the girlfriend's house, school, library, work, ect. but not at the house. Our other roommate has a Droid and his is completely fine.

Now, the network doesn't show up in wifi -> connections. I have used a wifi sniffer program, both WiFiFoFum and Stumbler and see the network (it shows up as hidden)...and the SSID is not broadcasting. I try to connect, throw in the password, and its a NO GO through all attempts. Basically it tells me it can't connect to the desired network because it can't find it.

Its specifically not broadcasting to the iPhones because our laptops, game systems, and the Droid see it just fine and connect. Any idea why the SSID does not broadcast to the phone? Granted, only about 4 devices are connected to the wifi at the same time and never more.

I have tried the network setting resets on the phone, changed my channels on the router, changed the security settings all from WEP to WPA 2 to unsecured. I haven't tried changing the SSID because I never had an opportunity to. The last thing I want to do is piss someone off because I changed the SSID while they were on CoD.

If I have to, I'll talk to the roommates and we'll just do a hard reset on the router I guess.

But if I can avoid that, any other actions I can take would be awesome!

Thank you members and readers.