My views + opinions of the new demo video...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by robby10ant, Jan 17, 2009.

1. robby10ant

robby10ant New Member

hey guys, im really pumped (as im sure everyone else is) about the 2g jailbreak, but do u think the dev. team will actually find a way to by-pass the sig check?.. it seems unlikely that theirs a way for them to solve this problem, but it also seemed unlikely that any exploit seemed possible at all for the jb...

i think that if they cant get it released anytime soon, they might as well give us the manual version... afterall, i never truely do boot my entire ipod like... ever... I would be just fine if i plugged it into my ipod and just charged it up by putting it in sleep mode and charging it instead of completely booting down...

this is just my thoughts, and feel free to comment/criticize them.
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

*sigh*

I would criticize, but it apparently would be very rude.

I do agree though, it'd be nice of them to release a manual jailbreak
  3. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i havent turned my ipod off in a couple months , and it would be nice to try out the jailbreak, sort of like a preview and if you dont like it just go back to normal with restore.
  4. Aguilito

Aguilito New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i will prefer a software like quickpwn
    i would like an automatic jailbreak
    more easy to do
    like 1G jailbreakwhat do you think?
  5. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I also don't mind. Since I shutdown my ipod touch once every 2 1/2 weeks. Wouldn't annoy me so much. But I guess the devs like perfection.
  6. rodreano

rodreano New Member

It would be nice to get a manual release but, when you think of installing openssh, you will need to restart the ipod.
  7. Siuman

Siuman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey guys, I am new to jailbreaking and I have a question. In the video, it seems that the responses from cydia and NES are kinda slow. Is this the same in 1G JB?
  8. robby10ant

robby10ant New Member

probly just a bad connection or something? nes looked good, and cydia looked fine to me, but i have never jailbroken an ipod so i cant say for 100%... but ive modded psps, xboxs, etc. and usually if their is any difference its just in homebrew or things like that, but its not bad at all... usually...

like if it does take them a couple more weeks, or even a week, i would rather get the manual now and use that up until then... (of course, im one of those people who hates waiting things like this)
  9. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah it acually takes a while to get cydia to get like all the files showing
  10. higuys

higuys Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think they're trying to make this as user friendly as possible and release it in a perfect package, rather than ending up having two different versions (tethered and complete) and confusing newbies. i think that after a little while without finding a way, they will release the manual version, but i'm confident they will do a great job of completing the release. besides, they don't owe us anything and it's wonderful that they've done this.