My view of 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by specialbuddy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. specialbuddy

specialbuddy New Member

Well the app store is very cool and the remote application is awesome. Other then that I haven't found anything that I really like. There is no reason that anyone should be paying for this though. I payed 400 dollars and so did the guy that bought the same player but at a later date with the apps already installed. The same thing will probably happen with the 2.0 firmware. Same price, same player, different date and I should pay more for buying early on. That's why you use google and go around this tax/fee/ripoff whatever you want to call it. Where's the instant message app besides AOL.
  2. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

Can't we concise all these "down with 2.0" posts into one thread?
  3. thegexx

thegexx New Member

I totally agree with you. Same price, different date.

Because of some "accounting practices" that no other company has to follow, or some special laws that is only applied to apple, but not nintendo (various wii upgrades), microsoft (zune 2.0), Nokia (internet tablet upgrades) the only three things that come to mind so far are those, but I am sure there are plenty of others, companies that upgraded a product, even though they were not getting any income from them, past the first purchase.

I am pretty burned about the whole deal personally, I got two ipods for xmas, one for me, one for my fiancee, and 25 days later, apple says that if I want to get the apps that came with it the iphone that I will need to pay 20 dollars per ipod because I am labeled a "early adopter". And now a extra 10 for the 2.0 upgrade which includes the $20 dollar "upgrade" from jan.

Needless to say the only reason why I still have the ipods is because they costs too freaking much just to toss, I got the 2.0 upgrade because it was reasonable, but I still feel like I am treated like a second class customer. But apple lost a customer that bought 2-3 ipods a year, and buys several computers because of their frivolous charges. I am totally waiting for the zune touch, or google android, or maybe something at least I will get the upgrades for a expensive media player without being charged extra every time they make some new upgrade, that they are giving away for free to someone that is paying the same amount I did a few months ago.

How about you leave the ipod touch the way it was, in dec, and charge everyone that is buying one a extra $30 dollars, then it would be totally even. They are paying the same $399 that I did, infact, my $399 was worth more due to devaluation of the dollar. But hey it's apple, they don't need whiny customers like me that expect to be treated like a customer, you know, you buy a premium product, you should get premium service, that includes upgrades for the life of the product for free, so when oh hey they make a new ipod, we the people that bought the other one's go down, and buy those, buy the apps, buy the music, and keep them in business, but because of 30 dollars (so far) per ipod, they lost any potential future sales from me, and anyone that I was going to recommend to buy from apple.

Anyways, yeah,,,, lost customer due to greed, but to expensive to throw away, 2.0 is overrated so far, overheating ipods, crashing apps, yellow tinted screens, can't activate the phone on launch day, fun times!
  4. Kevdanclay

Kevdanclay Banned

no wonder this person only has 3 posts lol... this must have taken over 20 days to type

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Yellow Tinted screens?

Do you use your Ipod as a toilet or something?

Most of the Apps in AppStore are fail, and like 4.99; Wtf?

I was certain that I saw an app, that was on installer, on AppStore, for $4. And it was one of the useless apps too.
  6. thegexx

thegexx New Member

Just been a lurker for awhile now, finally deciding to chime in help out where I can. Not just rants. This specific topic about the ipod just burns me hard.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Read up on the 3g iphone and the screen light temperature giving it a yellow screen, apple is saying that it is a feature not a bug, but some people are saying that it is a bug not a feature.
  7. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Actually, what Apple are doing is perfectly fine, they should charge for the update, and it should include the jan app pack for free. Dont you understand how technology works? What your saying, by saying apple should still charge for the jan app pack is like saying prices of hardware should never be lowered, so i pay like 100 bucks for a stick of ram, 6 months later that same stick goes for like 20 bucks and the newest one is now like 100 bucks, its how this sort of thing works...... get with the times people, god i hate poeple whinging about things like this.
  8. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I read about that... seems more like a bug to me

9. newdude

newdude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I hear ya mate. This is my first Ipod ever. and Hell it's not cheap.

I am considering getting an Iphone. But I may have second thoughts on buying a new Ipod in the future.

I don't know why they themselves have to make their wonderful product look 2nd class. charging this and that. I may understand if the Ipod touch is dirt cheap. well it's not.

It's such a brilliant gadget. why they are dampening it with such antics is beyond me.

Anyway, this is just my personal observation. and I do hope they fix the kinks on the 2.0 that's the least they could do.

10. specialbuddy

specialbuddy New Member

So if I go to the Apple store tomorrow and ask for the Ipod with 1.1 firmware, will I get a discount? It's the same Ipod after 6 months with the same price.