My very own iPod touch success story!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shoop27, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Shoop27

Shoop27 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm not sharing this because I'm an arrogant prick bragging or anything, I just feel relieved and wanna tell someone. I'm very rarely an early adopter.

So I've been waiting to get an iPod touch for a while up until about two months ago when I just couldn't take it anymore. I kept on feeling like I would buy it and then updates(hardware, not firmware) would happen right away and be screwed outta something awesome. I chose Costco as the place I would buy it at sinice I was too lazy too drive to the apple store an hour away.

Now Costco has a very adequate 90 day return period for electronics, so, as these new sept. 9th updates came out I was really worried that they wouldn't take it back for whatever reason. Long story short, I acquired all the necessary parts that came with it (save the cloth

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and Costco took the outdated unit. I'm going to place my order tomorrow and wait ... and wait ... and wait

I recommend that (if possible) you try to put yourself in a position like this. I know it's very unlikely but it's a very good feeling. Good luck to all of you who are trying to get their hands on a 2G.

(I'm considering doing an unboxing vid for those techie people who like that stuff)
  2. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah I TOTALLY regret not buying mine at Costco, there return policy is the best, my dad bought like a saw there like 4 years ago, he broke it, then returned it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. B.P12

B.P12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Congratulations man, kinda wish i bought mine there... ehhh i'll just update
  4. rash219

rash219 New Member

Yea Costco's so cool with their retun policy.......but i would still buy mine from the place i work as i would get some employee discount ^^! enogh to add the extra warranty....and the leway if something happened to it.
  5. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Does costco require a receipt or anything? i know walmart does but if you dont have one and tell them its less than 30 days old or whatever their number is they will return it for you. i might call and ask what they can do for me without a receipt. I hate lying, but it sucks being screwed by apple.
  6. Shoop27

Shoop27 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I almost didn't find my receipt but I did at the last second, but I hear that they keep all your purchases logged in your membership account. They used to have a warranty that whatever you want to return you can, Even if it wasn't bought there.
  7. Xyklok

Xyklok New Member

I bought mine at Cotsco a month and a half ago and it's still in perfect condition and I still have everything that came with it but I bought the 2yrs apple care protection plan (bought it for 20$ at CC), anyone know if I could bring back my touch to Costco to get the new one then switch my applecare to my new one or am I screwed?
  8. Artimis

Artimis New Member

Costco was not as kind to me...........I bought mine there and the day they announced the new touch I tried to take it back. It happened to be exactly 100 days from when I bought it (had the box, receipt, and all the accessories) and they wouldn't take it back.

They were very firm on the 90days and said that even if it was day 91, they wouldn't take it back. Kinda upset about that......